Welcome to Hawkins Field, the home of Vanderbilt Commodores baseball.
NEW! Gate Opening Time
Beginning with the 2023 season, gates will now open 90 minutes prior to first pitch. The ticket office will open 2 hours before every game. Due to construction, game day ticket sales will occur out of the McGugin Center ticket office only for home baseball games.
Clear Bag Policy
• Carrying forward from the 2022 season and in compliance with the Southeastern Conference, Hawkins Field will operate with a clear bag policy for all home baseball games. Please consider and abide by this policy when choosing the items that you bring into the stadium.
• Each fan is limited to one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches, or a one-gallon, clear, re-sealable plastic storage bag.
• Due to construction, the infield concessions stand will be shifted to the stand closer to the Memorial Gym ramp. There will also be kiosks set up throughout the infield concourse for fans to visit.
• Full concessions menus will be available 90 minutes before first pitch. Food trucks will begin service 1 hour prior to first pitch.
• Daddy’s Dogs will be offered every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on Jess Neely Drive.
• Rotating food trucks will be located in the outfield entrance near Memorial Gym every weekend.
• Mobile orders will be available every game click the link to get started https://mobile.appetizeapp.com/vanderbilt-university
• In-seat concession service will continue for fans seated in the 744 Club (Sections E and F rows 1-4). This service begins 1 hour prior to first pitch and ends after the 7th inning stretch.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATES (as of 2/13/23)
• Progress on Vandy United facility projects is under way. Please abide by signage and avoid construction areas on game days.
• As Vanderbilt Athletics continues to make progress on Vandy United facility projects, we will continue to notify fans of the impacts to game days via emails and social media ahead of home games. Fans can stay up to date on the most recent information by checking their “Know Before You Go” emails that are sent to ticket holders prior to each home game as well as checking the baseball social media pages. Click hereto update your email subscriptions to ensure you receive information to your inbox.
• Jess Neely Drive between 25th Avenue and Natchez Trace is now permanently closed to all through traffic. Patrons needing to access Lot 71 will need to enter from 25th
• Fans will have access to both the infield and outfield entrances of Hawkins Field throughout the 2023 season.
• Fans are directed and encouraged to park in the 25th Avenue Garage for game day parking. Use the Highland Avenue entrance to access floors 8-10. Please adhere to all posted signage when parking in other locations, and please note that ongoing construction projects may impact accessibility to/from games.
• ADA shuttle service carts will run between the corner of 25th and Jess Neely with drop off in front of the infield Hawkins Field gate. Service carts will run pregame and for 30 minutes following the game.
• Fans with appropriate game day parking passes may park in Lot 71 for non-conference baseball games only. Lot 71 is reserved for all home SEC contests for McGugin Society members with the appropriate pass only. Please adhere to posted signage for exact regulations.
• The McGugin Center is not accessible for parking. This includes handicap parking that has previously been available in the McGugin Center lot.
TICKETS & SEATING
• Game day ticket sales, if available, will occur at the ticket office windows in the McGugin Center instead of the windows at Gate 3/Hawkins Field due to construction. The ticket office will open 2 hours before every game.
• Fans may purchase tickets online and download to their mobile wallet prior to game days.
• Guests on the player pass list will still pick up their tickets at the entrance of Hawkins field at the far-right gate.
• As a reminder, Vanderbilt Athletics utilizes digital ticketing and is on a new ticketing system from previous years.
• Fans can access their tickets from their phones and are encouraged to download prior to arriving to Hawkins Field.
• Once downloaded and added to mobile phones, neither cell phone service nor wifi are required. If you need help activating your account, please email email@example.com.
• Fans will have the opportunity to donate any of their unused tickets to local organizations and families. Unused tickets may be donated in advance of the game to Vet Tix, serving Veterans and their families.
• To learn more, click here.
Download or update the latest Vanderbilt Athletics app. Check in on live stats, receive push notifications, game updates and more. For more on the mobile app, click here.
Stay connected to Vanderbilt Athletics and follow the VandyBoys all season long on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok. Search “VandyBoys” on all platforms and follow the Dores for the most up to date information.
GAME DAY ENHANCEMENTS
We welcome Dave Joseph who will serve as our public address announcer this season. Joseph, who lives in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, worked with the Los Angeles Kings for seven seasons, as well as on events and games for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Galaxy, UCLA and USC. He was the public address announcer for the 2014 Stanley Cup, 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2020 AHL All-Star Game and 2021 MLS All-Star Game. A native of Ishpeming, Michigan, Joseph is a graduate of Hofstra, where he served as captain of the hockey team. He was also selected as a finalist in the Titans’ public address announcer search in 2021.
Dustin Jackson, will serve as our in-game host for all weekend games this season. Dustin is a familiar face as he served as the in-game host this past football season and currently serves as the host for women’s basketball and select men’s basketball games.
Pyro will return for various moments during pregame this season including the National Anthem, when the team takes the field and celebratory moments throughout the game!
FAN ACTIVITIES/SEASON-LONG PROMOTIONS
Due to construction, the bookstore pop-up trailer will now be located on the concourse down the left field line (closer to the Memorial Gym ramp). The store offers VandyBoys hats, t-shirts and more!
Vandyville (SEC Saturdays)
Prior to every SEC Saturday home game, fans of all ages can kick off their game day experience with interactive games, autograph signings, tailgate games, arts and crafts and more! Vandyville opens 90 minutes prior to game time and runs until the first pitch. Fans do not need a ticket to join the fun!
- Saturday, March 18 vs. Ole Miss (90 minutes until first pitch)
- Saturday, April 1 vs. Georgia (90 minutes until first pitch)
- Saturday, April 15 vs. South Carolina (90 minutes until first pitch)
- Saturday, April 29 vs. Kentucky (90 minutes until first pitch)
- Saturday, May 20 vs. Arkansas (90 minutes until first pitch)
Under 40 Degrees and It’s Free
Back by popular demand this season is Under 40 Degrees and It’s Free! If the temperature is under 40 degrees at first pitch, fans can pick up a voucher at the marketing table for one (1) free hot chocolate to warm them up while cheering on their VandyBoys. Under 40 Degrees and It’s Free is presented by Community Coffee. Please note: this promotion is while supplies last only.
Every Tuesday at Hawkins Field fans can enjoy discounted concessions offerings throughout the game. Small sodas and small popcorn will be just $2!
Friday Happy Hour
Arrive early to Hawkins Field on Fridays for Happy Hour specials from the concessions stand. Beginning when gates open and lasting until first pitch, fans can purchase discounted drinks and snacks. Drink specials include half-off sodas, $5 domestic beers, and $8 craft beers. Peanuts, candy, nachos, and chips will all be half-off. Please note: all Happy Hour specials will end at first pitch.
Central BBQ – Double Play, Double Sandwich
- When the VandyBoys record a double play, you get to double up your order at Central BBQ! Show your digital ticket at the Hillsboro Village location for a BUY ONE, GET ONE pork sandwich.
- Valid only for 24 hours at the Hillsboro Village location.
Shake Shack – Steal Some Fries
- When the VandyBoys steal a base, you get FREE fries from Shake Shack! Mention Vandy Fries at participating locations to redeem the offer.
- Valid only the next day at the Fifth + Broadway, Green Hills, and Franklin locations.
Pizza Perfect – Score for More
- When the VandyBoys score five runs or more, you get a FREE slice of pizza from Pizza Perfect!
- Show your digital ticket at Pizza Perfect on 21st Avenue after the game to redeem. Pizza Perfect is open until 9 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. You can redeem the offer on Mondays for Sunday games.
SATCO – K’s for Queso
- When the VandyBoys strikeout 10 or more batters in a game, you receive a FREE cup of queso with any purchase from San Antonio Taco Company on 21st Avenue!
- Show your digital ticket to redeem. The offer is available the next day only.
Co-op – We Win, You Win
- When the VandyBoys win, you win too! Head over to The Co-Op Frose and Eatery in Hillsboro Village after any win for a free sandwich.
- Show your digital ticket to redeem. The offer is valid for 24 hours after the game.
Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt & Central Bar and Kitchen – Series Sweepstakes
- When the VandyBoys sweep a home series, you can be a winner too! Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt and Central Bar and Kitchen will be giving away a prize to a lucky fan!
- Anyone who scans their ticket during a home series sweep will be automatically entered to win. Winners will receive an email notification.
Download the Vanderbilt Athletics mobile app to be notified when we hit the above rewards.
– Drug use is prohibited inside Hawkins Field.
– Vanderbilt University policies, and state and federal laws will be in effect.
– Profanity and abusive language are highly discouraged during athletic contests. Guests using profanity or abusive language towards student-athletes, coaches, officials, staff or fellow spectators may have their ticket revoked and be removed from the venue. Throwing items onto the placing surface or directly at fellow spectators will not be tolerated and is grounds for removal from the venue.
– Unauthorized persons entering the playing surface will be removed from the venue and arrested.
– Failure to adhere to rules may prevent admission, cause removal from an event, and jeopardize the violator’s attendance at future Vanderbilt Athletics events, including forfeiture of season tickets and the opportunity to purchase single-game tickets.
VANDERBILT ATHLETICS FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Vanderbilt is committed to providing a safe and welcoming atmosphere for our teams and fans to enjoy. Vanderbilt Athletics reserves the right to institute measures for any language, actions or demonstrations in violation of the Vanderbilt Athletics Fan Code of Conduct. This includes, but is not limited to, ejection from the facility and revocation of future ticket privileges. Violation of laws or city ordinances may result in arrest or prosecution.
Fans are expected to…
• Show respect to all student-athletes, coaches, officials and surrounding fans at all times.
• Assume responsibility for their conduct.
• Comply with zero-tolerance policies related to any form of harassment, discrimination or abusive language.
• Adhere to requests and directives from game day event staff and law enforcement personnel regarding venue operation and emergency response procedures.
• Refrain from entering the playing surface without proper authorization or credentials.
Enjoy the game and Anchor Down.
WEATHER POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Vanderbilt University Police, Emergency Management, and Athletics will monitor the threat of inclement and severe weather. As needed, announcements will be made over the Public Address system to provide updates to fans. In the event of lightning or other severe weather, the stadium must be evacuated. Fans will be directed to Memorial Gymnasium through the West Lobby ramp, and to their vehicles. Please follow directions from uniformed officers, security, ushers, and Vanderbilt Athletics staff. If you need assistance evacuating the seating area or stadium, please find the nearest event personnel. Please note that the stadium concourse and seating areas are not safe shelter areas.
Vanderbilt University personnel will not provide updates on the restart of play until it is determined that the threat of weather has subsided. Fans that do not shelter in Memorial Gymnasium should monitor Vanderbilt Baseball Twitter @VandyBoys. In this situation, re-entry to the stadium will be allowed.
Accessibility – Seating areas may be accessed through the main gates in the infield, the right field outfield gate, and the center field gate. For handicap patrons, ramps are available at the center field and infield entrances. Fans may also go back and forth between the infield and outfield by using Memorial Gym and the West Lobby ramp.
Fan Information – The fan information table is located inside the main gates and to the right. Please speak with a guest services member if you need assistance during a game.
First Aid – LifeFlight is stationed in the outfield and at the First Aid room on the infield concourse. If you need assistance, Guest Services or Vanderbilt staff can contact LifeFlight.
Lost & Found – Valuable items are secured by Vanderbilt Police. Any other items are left at the fan information table at the main gate. Following the game, please call VUPD at (615) 322-2745 to follow up on a lost item.
GAME TIME & BROADCAST
For current information on television, radio, and streaming for Vanderbilt Baseball games, please view the baseball schedule.
* VANDERBILT STAFF WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION ON ANY QUESTIONABLE ITEMS.
Alcohol – Fans may not bring outside alcohol into any athletic facility.
Animals – No animals of any kind are permitted inside Hawkins Field with the exception of service animals with proper documentation.
Backpacks – No backpacks are allowed inside Hawkins Field.
Bags/Purses – No bags or purses larger than 8.5”x11” are allowed inside Hawkins Field.
Banners/Flags/Signage – No unauthorized banners, signs, or flags may be brought into Hawkins Field. All items are subject to approval by Vanderbilt staff and must follow the guidelines in the Vanderbilt and SEC Code of Conduct.
Cameras – No spectator cameras with lenses over six inches (6”) long will be permitted. The use of flash is prohibited.
Carry-In Items – Spectators are not permitted to bring any food or beverage containers into the facility. Bottles, coolers, and containers of any kind are prohibited.
Noisemakers – No items that produce loud noises (air horns, whistles, etc.) are allowed in accordance with SEC regulations.
Radios and TVs – Radios and TVs are allowed only if they do not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of the game.
Seatbacks/Seat Cushions – Seatbacks or seat cushions larger than a single seat are not allowed inside Hawkins Field.
Selfie Sticks – All selfie sticks are prohibited inside Hawkins Field.
Strollers – Strollers are not permitted inside Hawkins Field.
Tobacco – No smoking is permitted inside Hawkins Field. Electronic and smokeless cigarettes are also prohibited.
Umbrellas – No open umbrellas are allowed in Hawkins Field.
Video Recorders – All video recorders are prohibited.
Weapons – Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pocket knives, explosive devices, etc. are not permitted in Vanderbilt Stadium. Attempting to bring weapons of any kind into the stadium will result in immediate arrest.