What is Mr. C’s Reading Club?
- Vanderbilt Athletics, with support from Ingram Charities, launched a reading club for students in pre-K through fifth grade at Metro Nashville Public Schools. Each year students can complete three sport specific reading challenges (football, basketball and baseball). Each challenge has a fun incentive to help motivate your students to keep reading and Anchor Down!
What is the current Reading Challenge?
- Win your baseball game by completing your nine reading assignments (20 minutes of independent reading). Complete the Baseball Reading Challenge and win a coupon for a free kids meal (with purchase of an adult meal) courtesy of Zaxby’s.
How do I participate?
- Complete 20 minutes of reading nine times and track your progress in Beanstack to earn digital badges or print the Reading Club Baseball Challenge flyer and sign your name on each inning every time you complete an assignment.
- Read by yourself, with a friend, or with someone at home and log your minutes as you go!
- Each week the school that has the highest percentage of participants in the Baseball Challenge will receive a live virtual reading from a Vanderbilt student-athlete.
- If you complete the Baseball Challenge you will win a coupon for a free kids meal (with the purchase of an adult meal) courtesy of Zaxby’s.
- Talk to your librarian for more information!
Proud Sponsors of Mr. C’s Reading Club