What is Mr. C’s Reading Club?
- Vanderbilt Athletics, with support from Ingram Charities, launched a reading program for students in Pre K through 4thgrade at Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS). Each year students can complete three sport specific reading challenges (football, basketball and baseball). Students who complete two of the three challenges will become members of Mr. C’s Reading Club and receive a special prize courtesy of Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt.
- Be on the lookout for more information about upcoming Reading Challenges!
What is the current Reading Challenge?
- Baseball Reading Challenge: Complete nine (9) reading assignments (at least 20 minutes of independent reading a day) by scoring one (1) run during each inning using the scoreboard on the inside of your Reading Club flyer. Upon completion, visit your school librarian/official for more information.
How do I participate?
- MNPS students can get their flyer from their librarian or school official. Or you can download one here!
- Each time you complete a reading assignment have an adult sign off on your progress using the blank spaces on the flyer’s map.
- Once you complete two of the three reading challenges, bring your completed map to your school librarian/official.
- Your librarian will write in a voucher code so you can redeem a special prize courtesy of Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt.
Proud Sponsors of Mr. C’s Reading Club