What is Mr. C’s Reading Club?
- Vanderbilt Athletics, with support from Ingram Charities, launched a reading program for students in pre-K through fourth grade at Metro Nashville Public Schools. Each year students can complete three sport specific reading challenges (football, basketball and baseball). Each challenge has a fun incentive to help motivate your students to keep reading and Anchor Down!
- This football season we are also featuring Sunday Stories! Every other Sunday starting in October through November we will have a special guest do a live reading on Mr. C’s Instagram @VandyMrC at 3 p.m. CT.
What is the current Reading Challenge?
- Football Reading Challenge: Complete nine reading assignments (at least 20 minutes of independent reading a day) by running down the field for a touchdown on Beanstack or by using the Reading Club Football Challenge flyer.
- By completing the Football Reading Challenge you will earn points for your MNPS elementary school! The school with the most Reading Club members will win a Cookie Party courtesy of Tiffs Treats.
How do I participate?
- Track your progress online using Beanstack or download the Reading Club Football Challenge flyer.
- Each time you complete a reading assignment you will receive a badge online, or you can have an adult sign off on the blank spaces on the flyer’s map.
Proud Sponsors of Mr. C’s Reading Club