#50 Ejike Obinna
Hometown Enugu, Nigeria
High School Virginia Academy
- Obinna, a 6’9 center originally from Enugu, Nigeria, who attended the Virginia Academy in Ashburn, Va., was a 4-star prospect by ESPN.com and Rivals.com, and was the 107th-ranked prospect in the class of 2017 by 247sports.com at end of his junior season.
- He was also named the Capital Beltway Defensive Player of the Year in his junior year. Played in 25 games and made 14 starts as a true freshman.
Redshirt Freshman (2018-19):
- Redshirted the 2018-19 season.
- Played in 25 games and made 14 starts.
- Averaged 2.7 points per game in 9.4 minutes.
- Scored a career-high 14 points in career-best 22 minutes at Mississippi State.
- Was 6-9 from the field against Mississippi State in Starkville.
- Grabbed a career-high seven rebounds against Virginia.
- Averaged 16.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks, 1.0 steals, and 1.0 assists per game.
- Scored over 1,000 points in his career.
- First student at Virginia Academy to receive a full scholarship to a college academic institution. He chose the Commodores over Florida, Oklahoma, Clemson, and Virginia Tech.
- Ejike Simon Obinna.
- December 14, 1999.
- Son of Caroline Ejike.
- Has two brothers, Chomezie and Chinonso and three sisters, Ijeoma, Amaka, and Ipeoma…Plans to major in Human and Organizational Development.
- Advice to young people: “Work hard and believe in yourself.”