#39 Jake Eder
Coach Corbin Quote: At the beginning of last year, Jake was our consistent midweek starter. He showed maturity in his early outings and became a bullpen option for us as the season progressed. Jake is strong, has a great arm, can throw multiple pitches, is very focused and thrives on working on his craft. As he continues to improve, he should have an important role for our team. He has a chance to be a good one.
As a Sophomore (2019)
- Second among relievers with a 2.97 ERA and 39.1 innings pitched
- Notched three-inning save to help Commodores capture College World Series title
- Logged 11 multi-inning outings including five frames at Georgia on April 6
- Limited opponents to a .190 average (12-for-63) with runners aboard
- Went 1-0 with a 3.60 ERA in two relief appearances at the College World Series
- Finished 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA and two saves in three NCAA Tournament outings
- Fanned multiple batters 12 times including five in 4.1 hitless innings vs. Tennessee (March 31)
- Allowed just two earned runs in his final seven appearances (15.2 innings)
- Held teams to two home runs and nine extra-base hits in 39.1 innings
- Tossed two hitless frames to help Dores clinch SEC title at Kentucky on May 17
2018 – Made nine starts and 11 overall appearances, going 1-4 with a 5.45 ERA… Picked up his first collegiate win during his debut on Feb. 21, limiting Presbyterian to one hit in four scoreless innings while striking out four… Tossed five hitless frames while striking out a season-high seven batters at Long Beach State on March 7… Held opponents to three runs or fewer in seven of his nine starts… Struck out six Middle Tennessee batters while permitting three runs across five innings on April 3… Struck out 37 batters across 33 innings… Tossed five innings on three different occasions… Did not walk a batter while striking out five in 4.1 frames against Lipscomb on March 27… Made a pair of relief appearances, coming against South Carolina on April 29 and Auburn on May 6.
High School – Lettered three years at Delray Beach Atlantic and one year at Calvary Christian Academy under coach Alan Kunkel… helped the Eagles to the Class 4A Florida State Semi-Finals as a senior… helped Eagles to the Florida Class 8A Regional Finals as a junior… during junior season was named an Under Armour All-American… pitched a scoreless inning and earned the save for the National Team in the 2016 Under Armour All-American Game…was named a MaxPrepsTop 50 Junior in the Country as a junior… played summer ball for FTB Tucci… played high school baseball and/or summer ball with Christian Scott (Florida commit)… drafted by the New York Mets in the 34thround of the 2017 MLB Draft.
Academics – Eder is undecided on a major.
Personal – Jacob Andrew Eder… Born 8/9/98 in Boynton Beach, Fla…. Son of Jeff and Amanda Eder… has one sibling, Luke… Nickname is Eder…Favorites include: Kyle Wright (player), Tampa Bay Rays (team), Tom Brady (pro athlete — non baseball player), Football (other sport), MLB The Show (video game), Full Metal Jacket (movie), Family Guy (tv show), Mark Wahlberg(actor), Steak (meal), Luke Combs (music/singer/band), It’s better to just go to bed (late night snack), and Panama (vacation spot)… says if he wasn’t playing baseball he would be working towards a different profession… names Mark Wahlbergas the actor to play him in a movie… uses Motivated as one word to describe himself… roommates with Austin Martin… lists Getting to the State Baseball Championship as his most memorable athletic moment… chose Vanderbilt “because of the challenging academics and world-class baseball program.”