We are a non-competitive squad that performs on the best stage at Vanderbilt, the SEC football field and basketball court! You can find the squad supporting our ‘Dores at various athletic, department and community outreach events. We want YOU to join us. Come see why Vanderbilt Dance Team is not just a team it is a family.
Dance Team Tryout Information
All candidates will need to complete all paperwork listed on our main tryout page and attend at least one of the mandatory online information sessions.
Whether you are auditioning in person or by video, below is what to expect to perform!
- Short interview portion
- Video candidates – Give us information about yourself and why you decided to try out!
- All candidates will perform the fight song (Dynamite) and short tryout dance.
- Candidates will be asked to perform across the floor technique including:
- Double and Triple Pirouettes
- Grand Jete
- Leap in Second
- Capezio jump/firebird
- Toe Touch
- Leg Extension (front & side)
- Turns in second (at least – 8 count)
- Optional skills (ie: tumbling)
Check out our main audition page for what to wear and tryout material!