We are a co-ed, non-competitive squad that cheers on the Vanderbilt Commodores in the best seats on the field and on the court! You can find the squad supporting our ‘Dores at various athletic, department and community outreach events. We want YOU to join us. Come see why Vanderbilt Cheerleading is not just a team it is a family.
Cheerleading Team Tryout Information
- All candidates must perform the Fight Song (Dynamite) & tryout sideline.
- Male candidates – need to learn the male motions for tryout sideline & Dynamite; we will just be looking at your stunting and tumbling capacities.
- Candidates will be asked to perform their standing and running tumbling (standing back handspring minimum is preferred but not necessary).
- No spots will be given the day of tryouts.
- For the stunting portion of tryouts, each candidate will be judged based off of their stunting position; however, there is a possibility that you will be asked to try a different position.
- Each candidate will need to put together a stunt sequence that incorporates the following:
- Entry skill (e.g: Switch up/arm bar)
- 1st body position
- 2nd body position
- Exit skill (must be flipping or spinning)
- Candidates should wear a black tank top and black shorts.