Dec. 19, 2011
Vanderbilt 99, Longwood 71
December 19, 2011 * Attendance: 12,886
Memorial Gymnasium, Nashville, TN
Career starts: Tinsley 99, Jenkins 48, Taylor 107, Goulbourne 30, Tchiengang 25.
- The Commodores are 5-3 when starting with this lineup.
- Vanderbilt moves to 1-0 in all-time series against the Lancers.
- Coach Stallings is now 366-12 (18) in his career, and 243-152 (13) at Vanderbilt. He is 1-0 facing Longwood.
- Vanderbilt scored a season-high 99 points vs. Longwood. This is the second game of the season where the Commodores have scored 95 points. The previous game of at least 95 points–against Monmouth (11/25/11).
- The Commodores won by 28 points, their largest margin of victory for the season. Prior to tonight, 22 points was the team’s largest margin of victory (against Monmouth, 11/25/11).
- Vanderbilt outrebounded Longwood, 38-32, and moves to 7-1 when outrebounding their opponent.
- The 12 3’s made is the most by VU this season.
- The Commodores tied a season-high with 11 steals.
- VU outscored Longwood, 44-22, in points in the paint, 21-12 in points off of turnovers, 15-14 in second-chance points, 10-0 in fast break points, and 17-12 in bench points.
First Half Notes:
- Vanderbilt lost opening tip, only the second time doing so this season. They are 0-1 prior to tonight’s game.
- Taylor opened scoring for the game; Vanderbilt is 3-2 when they score first.
- The Commodores opened with a 11-2 run for an early 8-point lead (13-5) by the first media timeout.
- Lancers pulled within ten points twice in the first half, going on a 7-2 run just before the 4 minute media timeout.
- Goulbourne was a single point shy of a double-double in the first half (10 rebs, 9 points).
- In the first half, the Commodores outshot Longwood 52.6% to 39.3%. From beyond the arc, Vanderbilt shot 50%, 7-14.
- Before tonight, the highest scoring half for Vanderbilt was 50 points, against Monmouth (11/25/11).
- Taylor led the team in scoring with 29 points, his third consecutive 20+-point game. Taylor is averaging 26.7 points per game in his last three games.
- Taylor ended one point shy of his career high, set against Davidson on 12/7/11. (30pts).
- Jenkins had his 42nd consecutive game of double-digit scoring with 19 points. Jenkins was 3-9 from three, his seventh game this season with three or more threes.
- Goulbourne had his fourth double-double of his career, first of this season, with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- Brad Tinsley added 12 points, his sixth double-digit game of the season. Tinsley also tied his season-high in steals with two.
- Kyle Fuller scored five points, a season-high, and one off of his career high of six (Davidson, 1/2/11). He tied a career-high with five attempted free throws, and set a new career high with three made free throws.