#3 Maxwell Evans
Hometown Houston, Texas
High School Bellaire
- Evans, a 6’2 guard from Bellaire High School in Houston, Texas, was the number 16-ranked prospect in the state of Texas and 247sports.com ranked him as the 11th-ranked combo guard nationally at the end of his junior season.
- Chose the Commodores over Purdue, Northwestern, and Kansas State.
- Played in 60 total games and made 17 starts in his career.
- Scored a career-high 31 points on Feb. 5, 2020 vs. LSU.
- Tallied 15 points vs. Arkansas.
- Evans has started 22 of 24 games this season and averages 24+ minutes per game.
- Played in 31 games and made two starts as a sophomore. Averaged 3.8 points and 1.4 rebounds per game.
- Made first start of the season at Missouri and played a season-best 27 minutes.
- Tallied double digits in four games as a sophomore.
- Scored a career-high 16 points in season-best 26 minutes against Savannah State.
- Scored 10 points at Georgia.
- Played in 29 games and made 15 starts. Averaged 3.9 points per game in 13.0 minutes.
- Scored in double figures in four games as a true freshman, including a career-high 16-point effort in a win over Georgia.
- Tallied 14 points against Houston Baptist and at Ole Miss.
- Grabbed career-high nine rebounds at Arkansas.
- Made career-high three three-pointers against Texas A&M.
- Played career-high 29 minutes at Auburn.
- Four-year starter and captain who averaged 32.7 points, 7.1 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 3.2 steals, and 2.0 blocks as a senior at Bellaire, where he played for coach Bruce Glover.
- Maxwell Evans.
- September 17, 1998.
- Son of Carlis and Sharon.
- Is a triplet with sisters Megan and Maya, who each play volleyball at Alabama A&M.
- Also has an older brother Denzel, who is a running back at the University of Kansas.
- Majoring in Sociology.
- Advice to young people: “Always work hard on what you want to achieve.”