Jeff Fosnes was one of those rare high school superstars that seemed to be able to do everything well. He could have taken a scholarship to play quarterback at Notre Dame but instead picked basketball and Vanderbilt, casting a future eye on medical school. His dedication to both athletics and academics propelled him into becoming one of those rare collegians capable of achieving both All-SEC and Academic All-American honors.
- Star of VU’s Famous “F-Troop”
- Graduated as program’s second-leading career scorer with 1,579 points
- Academic All-America, 1975, 1976
- First-team All-SEC, 1975, 1976
- Three-time Academic All-SEC
- Helped team win Southeastern Conference title, 1974
- NCAA All-Tournament team, 1974
- Still ranks among VU career leaders in several shooting categories
- Played in the East/West All-Star game, 1976
- Chose medical school over playing in the NBA for the Golden State Warriors.