TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Vanderbilt men’s tennis started off the weekend hot with a 6-1 victory over No. 52 Alabama. The Dores picked up the doubles point before winning 5 straight singles courts to clinch the match.
The Dores continued their season success in doubles play this afternoon. On Court 1, No. 35 Jeremie Casabon/Siim Troost won 7-5, pushing them to 5-2 in SEC doubles play. Michael Ross/Nathan Cox advanced their doubles win streak to 5, taking Court 2 by a score of 6-4. Macsen Sisam/Joubert Klopper were tied at 6 on Court 3 when their match was called.
Even with a 1-0 advantage moving into singles play, the Dores’ momentum did not falter. Sisam, Troost, Klopper and Casabon each picked up points for the Commodores, all winning their respective courts in straight sets. After falling 6-2 in his first singles set, Ross rebounded to win his next two sets (6-1, 6-4), adding a sixth point to Vanderbilt’s team score.
- #88 Filip Planinsek (UA) def. Cox 7-6 (7-2), 4-6, 6-3
- Klopper (VANDY) def. #83 Enzo Aguiard 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
- Ross (VANDY) def. Matias Ponce De Leon 2-6, 6-1, 6-4
- Troost (VANDY) def. German Samofalov 6-4, 6-2
- Casabon (VANDY) def. Roan Jones 7-6 (7-3), 7-5
- Sisam (VANDY) def. Yair Sarouk 6-2, 6-3
- #35 Troost/Casabon (VANDY) def. Planinsek/Samofalov 7-5
- Cox/Ross (VANDY) def. Ponce De Leon/Joao Ferreira 6-4
- Aguiard/Sarouk (UA) vs. Sisam/Klopper 6-6 (4-2), unfinished
Up Next: The Dores travel to Auburn on Sunday to face the No. 15 Tigers at noon.