The Currey Tennis Center is a varsity athletics facility made available for use by Vanderbilt students, faculty, staff and Vanderbilt University Medical Center employees. While efforts are made to ensure the facility is widely available, groups and varsity tennis teams have designated times they will use the courts for exclusive use throughout the year, during which the facility may be fully or partially closed. All indoor and outdoor courts are closed during matches and event rentals. All dates and times listed at the facility or on the website are subject to change.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday: 5-9 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon-7 p.m.
1405 25th Avenue South
Nashville, Tenn. 37212
- A current membership with the Currey Tennis Center or current Vanderbilt student status is required for use of all courts. All patrons are required to check in and pay any applicable court fees before playing on both the indoor and outdoor courts. Students are permitted to use only the outdoor lower courts Nos. 7-10.
- Closure updates and general facility information will be posted on the tennis center’s website.
- Court reservations are strongly encouraged, and can be made by phone by calling 615.322.6068 or online. Cancelations and changes can also be made by phone or on the reservation website. Patrons who are late for their scheduled reservation and do not call ahead of time to provide notice will be allowed 15 minutes after the scheduled reservation time before their court is released.
- Members and students will be responsible for paying the standard court fees if they fail to show up for a scheduled court reservation and do not cancel at least 6 hours in advance.
- Contract Time allows patrons to reserve indoor court time for a specific court, and on a specific day and time in two sessions during the winter season. Courts must be contracted separately for each session. A membership with the Currey Tennis Center is required for all group members in order to contract indoor court time. Any member interested in making contract time reservations should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Contract time is sold at a rate of $30/hour per court.
Indoor Court Fees
- Member: $25 (per hour, per court)
- Student: $25 (per hour, per court)
- Tennis Shoes: Free
- Tennis Racquet: Free
- Flip Scorecard: Free
- Ball Machine: $10
Equipment for Purchase
- Can of tennis balls (3): $4
- Locker rooms with showers are available for patron use. Patrons are responsible for providing their own locks and towels. A locker rental system will be implemented if demand increases to beyond capacity. Inventory will be taken and fees charged. Towels are not provided.
- The Currey Tennis Center will be closed on the following days: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving week, and during the university winter holiday, unless communicated otherwise. The entire facility is also subject to closure for varsity match days, tournaments, and various rentals. Patrons will be notified of any additional closures and changes to dates and times.
- All patrons must check in at the welcome desk.
- Court access will not begin more than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. The court should be vacated promptly at the scheduled end time.
- Proper court shoes with non-marking soles are required. Running shoes are not permitted. All staff members reserve the right to refuse usage if a patron is not wearing appropriate court shoes. A select number of shoe sizes and quantities are available for loan.
- No food or drink other than water should be brought onto the indoor courts.
- Chalk should not be used to write on either the indoor or outdoor courts.