DePaul Blue Demons / No. 5 Tennessee Volunteers / No. 17 Georgia Bulldogs
DU: March 24, 2021 • 9 a.m. | UT: March 26, 2021 • Noon CT | UGA: March 28, 2021 • Noon CT
Final Road Trip Ahead
- Vanderbilt will host DePaul out of the Big East on Wednesday before the final road swing of the season. The Commodores will head east to visit No. 5 Tennessee on Friday before meeting No. 17 Georgia.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols and social distancing guidelines, fans are not permitted to attend Wednesday’s match at Currey Tennis Center.
- Fans can follow the match via live stream, live scoring or on Twitter by following @VandyMTennis.
Climbing the Ladder
- Now in his 16th season as head coach of the Commodores, Ian Duvenhage earned his 200th victory at Vanderbilt this season with a 6-1 win over Lipscomb.
- Across his career with the Miami women, Florida men and Vanderbilt men, Duvenhage has amassed a career mark of 554-356 in 35 years as a head coach.
- George Harwell is ranked No. 117 in the nation in the most recent Oracle/ITA rankings of the campaign. New rankings are scheduled to be announced this Wednesday.
- Thus far, he owns a 8-4 dual-match record while playing every match at No. 1 singles.
- Vanderbilt dropped a home match to No. 37 Middle Tennessee on March 14, falling 5-2 to the Blue Raiders.
A Look Back at 2020
- A season ago, Vanderbilt posted a 7-6 record through 13 matches before the remainder of the season was canceled due to COVID-19.
- Harwell led the way with a 10-3 dual-match singles record, including eight wins at No. 1.
- The Commodores went 5-2 at home a season ago with the only defeats a 4-2 loss to No. 21 Florida State and a conference defeat against Texas A&M.
On The Radar
- Only home games remain on the 2021 schedule. Once again, the Commodores will play three next week: Tennessee State on March 30 at 1 p.m., South Carolina on April 2 at 1 p.m. and Florida on April 4 at 1 p.m.