NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Southeastern Conference released its yearly awards Wednesday afternoon, highlighting three Commodores — Fernanda Contreras (All-SEC first team), Christina Rosca (All-SEC first team) and Georgia Drummy (All-SEC second team and All-Freshman Team).
First Team All-SEC
• Highest singles ranking: No. 3
• Held a seven-match win streak in singles (27-10 overall record)
• Advanced to quarterfinals of the 2018 Oracle ITA National Fall Championships
• Competed in the semifinals of the ITA All-American Championships and 2018 Oracle ITA Masters
• Earned 18 wins over ranked opponents, only dropped 3 matches at home.
• Set a new Vanderbilt record for most career-singles wins (131).
• Highest singles ranking: No. 9
• Earned a five-match win streak, went 7-5 in conference matches.
• Earned 10 singles victories over ranked opponents.
• Advanced to the semifinals of the 2018 ITA Ohio Valley Regionals and Oracle ITA Fall Championships.
• Competed primarily at the No. 3 spot in the lineup, earning a 26-14 overall record
• Upset No. 2 Estela Perez-Somarriba at the Miami Spring Invite.
• Clinched the quarterfinals match in the 2019 SEC Tournament over Kentucky
• Named to the 2019 SEC All-Tournament Team
Second Team All-SEC and All-Freshman Team
• Joined the Commodores in January
• Highest singles ranking: No. 42.
• Earned the No. 1 spot in the lineup to close out the 2019 season.
• Boasts a 17-6 overall record, only dropped one singles match at home.
• Earned four victories over ranked opponents, marking an upset over No. 12 Sara Daavettila (UNC) in only her fifth collegiate match.
• Held a nine-match win streak, sports an 11-4 SEC record.
• Earned the title of SEC Freshman of the week (2/6/19).
Vanderbilt concluded its stint in the SEC Tournament by falling in the semifinals to eventual champion South Carolina, 4-1. The Commodores are back in action May 3 at NCAA Regionals. The Dores will learn their NCAA Tournament seed on Monday during the NCAA’s selection show at 5:30 CT.
Watch as the Commodores learn their position in the NCAA tournament by following @VandyWTennis on Twitter and Instagram.