No. 36 Arkansas Razorbacks
April 19 • 11 a.m. CT
- Vanderbilt will start its postseason run against the host Arkansas Razorbacks in the SEC Tournament opener. Arkansas enters as the No. 12 seed in the annual competition.
- Fans can follow the match via live stream, live scoring or on Twitter by following @VandyMTennis.
- After a strong finish to the regular season, George Harwell checks in at No. 63 in the nation this week in the Oracle/ITA rankings.
- Jeremie Casabon also cracked the rankings this week for the first time in his career, checking in at No. 121 in the country in singles.
- Doubles rankings see Vanderbilt’s top pair of Harwell and Max Freeman at No. 60 in the country this week.
Climbing the Ladder
- Now in his 16th season as head coach of the Commodores, Ian Duvenhage earned his 200th victory at Vanderbilt this season with a 6-1 win over Lipscomb.
- Across his career with the Miami women, Florida men and Vanderbilt men, Duvenhage has amassed a career mark of 556-362 in 35 years as a head coach.
- Vanderbilt fell to No. 16 Mississippi State and No. 12 Ole Miss to close out the regular season.
- The Commodores took the Rebels to the brink but fell short in singles, losing the edge in a decisive three-set singles match.
A Look Back at 2020
- A season ago, Vanderbilt posted a 7-6 record through 13 matches before the remainder of the season was canceled due to COVID-19.
- Harwell led the way with a 10-3 dual-match singles record, including eight wins at No. 1.
- The Commodores went 5-2 at home a season ago with the only defeats a 4-2 loss to No. 21 Florida State and a conference defeat against Texas A&M.
On The Radar
- With a win, the Commodores will advance to face off with the fifth-seeded Kentucky Wildcats on Tuesday at 3 p.m. CT.