NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Vanderbilt men’s tennis dropped another competitive 4-2 match against the Aggies on Friday afternoon.
The Dores’ success in doubles play continued this afternoon. Vandy’s No. 33-ranked pairing of Jeremie Casabon and Siim Troost grabbed a 6-4 Court 1 win over No. 40-ranked Noah Schachter and Trey Hilderbrand. On Court 2, Dores Nathan Cox and Michael Ross forced the tiebreak set, which they won 7-6 (7-2) to clinch the doubles point for the Commodores.
The Aggies bounced back, tying the match with a victory on Court 2. Cox won in straight sets on Court 1 to get back the Vanderbilt lead, but Texas A&M answered, claiming three straight matches to clinch the match. The Dores fell 4-2.
- Cox (VANDY) def. No. 41 Schachter 6-3, 7-5
- No. 62 Raphael Perot (TAMU) def. Joubert Klopper 6-3, 6-4
- Ross (VANDY) vs. Giulio Perego (TAMU) 4-6, 6-4, 2-3, unfinished
- Guido Marson (TAMU) def. Troost 7-5, 6-1
- No. 110 Trey Hilderbrand (TAMU) def. Casabon 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
- Luke Casper (TAMU) def. Macsen Sisam 7-6 (7-3), 6-4
- No. 33 Casabon/Troost (VANDY) def. No. 40 Hilderbrand/Schachter (TAMU) 6-4
- Ross/Cox (VANDY) def. JC Roddick/Perego 7-6 (7-2)
- Kenner Taylor/Perot (TAMU) def. Sisam/Klopper 6-3
Up Next: The Dores travel to Kentucky to face the Wildcats on Sunday at 11 a.m.