VANDERBILT TRACK: HOME MEET INFORMATION
The following links are designed to provide information to teams and athletes that will compete in track & field competitions hosted by Vanderbilt University. The Commodore meet staff will update the information below as often as needed leading up to each event. Should you have questions about a meet, including scheduling, acceptance into a meet and any other general questions, please contact our meet direction staff below.
2015 Great 8 High School Invitational
(Revised — 4/14/15)
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 – Vanderbilt Track Complex – Nashville, Tenn.
Admission: $5. … Track opens at 5 p.m.
Meet Director: Mike Ham
ABOUT THE GREAT 8
Since 2000, the Great 8 meet has attracted the best High School Track and Field athletes in Middle Tennessee and pits them against each other in a fast-paced, entertaining meet on Vanderbilt’s lightning fast Mondo track.
There is only one heat/section of each event, and so only the best eight performances are accepted into the meet, along with the next 3 performances as alternates in those events.
Great 8 Meet T-shirts will be awarded to all event winners (1 per athlete), including relay team members. T-shirts will also be available for purchase at the meet. A Boy’s and Girl’s MVP award will be presented at the end of the meet.
Meet entries must be submitted online at Direct Athletics at directathletics.com
Entries will not be accepted via mail, fax, or in the body of an email.
Entry fee is $10 per athlete per event and $20 for relay teams. Note that you will only be charged if the athlete is accepted into the meet, either as a top 8 athlete or as an alternate. Final lists of accepted entries will be posted on the Vanderbilt T&F website at www.vucommodores.com on Monday evening no later than 6 p.m.
1. Do not submit false or projected seeding performances; they will be rejected. Seed marks should be actual performances from a 2014 outdoor meet or a 2015 indoor or outdoor meet. All marks must be verifiable on Milesplit. If results for a meet are not reported on Milesplit, you may be requested by the meet director to provide a link to website with results.
2. You may enter an athlete in the 1600m or 3200m using a 1 mile (for the 1600m) or 3000m/2 miles (for 3200m). Any 1 mile/3000m/2 miles times will be converted to using the conversion tool on Milesplit.
3. For races less than 800m in length, only FAT marks will be accepted.
4. In the horizontal jumps and sprints (including high hurdles), where two or more athletes’ seed marks are tied, preference will be given to the athlete with the superior 2nd best performance.
5. Do not enter athletes in more than 3 individual events (including a relay). The tight schedule doesn’t accommodate athletes competing in more than 3 events.
6. If an athlete scratches from an event, they will not be allowed to compete in a subsequent event. This will be strictly enforced.
7. All entries and final declarations are due by 11:59 AM on Sunday April 12th, 2015.
8. If paying by check, please make checks payable to Vanderbilt University. No money orders.
9. There will be a descending order performance list that automatically updates available to view on Direct Athletics.
10. Field Event check-in: Check-in for field events will take place at the respective venue. Athletes are to check-in no less than 30-minutes prior to field event start time. All venues will open at 5:30 p.m. for warm-ups. Competition will begin promptly at 6 p.m.
11. Running Event check-in: The Clerk of Course is located in the shed at the top of the straight. Athletes are to report to the Clerk of Course no more than 20-minutes prior to the scheduled start time and no less than 10-minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Once checked-in athletes will NOT be allowed to leave (NOTE: The Clerk of Course area is off limits to coaches). At 10-minutes prior to start time event check-in will be closed. If an athlete is not checked in at that time they will be scratched (NOTE: Once an athlete scratches from an event they will be scratched from all subsequent events, see #6 above).
The following performances are to serve as entry guidelines. Lesser performances than those listed in the table below rarely, but sometimes, make the meet. Meeting these guidelines does not guarantee entry into the meet.
Event — Girls, Boys
- 100m — 12.75, 11.25
- 200m — 26.50, 22.50
- 400m — 1:00.00, 51.00
- 800m — 2:23.00, 1:59.50
- 1600m — 5:24.00, 4:40.00
- 3200m — 12:15.00, 10:10.00
- 100m/110m Hurdles — 16.25, 16.50
- 300m Hurdles — 48.00, 43.00
- High Jump — 5’0″, 5’10”
- Pole Vault — 9’6″, 11′
- Long Jump — 15’9″, 19’6″
- Triple Jump — 34’6″, 40′
- Shot — 35′, 41′
- Discus — 120′, 128′
- 4 x 100m Relay — 50.00, 44.50
- 4 x 400m Relay — 4:12.00, 3:40.00
TEAM SCORING (Revised 4-2-15): There will NOT be team scoring.
Questions: Email Meet Director Mike Ham at VanderbiltTrackOfficials@gmail.com
Important information regarding spikes on the Vanderbilt track:
- Athletes will not run if you do not comply with these rules:
- The use of 1/4″ pyramid spikes will be strictly enforced
- NO NEEDLE SPIKES OR CHRISTMAS TREE SPIKES ALLOWED
- No permanent spike shoes allowed
- Shoes will be checked at last call in the Clerk Area and prior to getting on the track
There will be a $5 admission charge for all spectators. Children under the age of 12 admitted free. Coaches will receive passes with their competition packet.
2015 GREAT 8 MEET SCHEDULE (Track opens at 5 p.m.)
- 6 p.m. Pole Vault, Girls then boys (opening heights: 9’/11′)
- 6 p.m. Shot, Girls then boys
- 6 p.m. Long Jump, Girls then boys (4 attempts)
- 7 p.m. High Jump, Girls then boys (Opening heights: 4’10″/5’8′)
- 7:30 p.m. Discus, Girls then boys
- 7:45 p.m. Triple Jump, Girls then boys (4 attempts)
- 6:30 p.m. 4 x 100m Relay, Girls then boys
- 6:40 p.m. 1600m, Girls then boys
- 7 p.m. 110m Hurdles
- 7:10 p.m. 100m Hurdles
- 7:20 p.m. 100m, Girls then boys
- 7:30 p.m. 400m, Girls then boys
- 7:45 p.m. 300m Hurdles, Girls then boys
- 8 p.m. 800m, Girls then boys
- 8:10 p.m. 200m, Girls then boys
- 8:20 p.m. Girls 3200m
- 8:35 p.m.: Boys 3200m
- 8:50 p.m.: 4 x 400m Relay, Girls then boys
Important information regarding spikes on the Vanderbilt Track
Athletes will not run if you do not comply with these rules
· The use of 1/4″ pyramid spikes will be strictly enforced
· NO NEEDLE SPIKES OR CHRISTMAS TREE SPIKES ALLOWED
· No permanent spike shoes allowed
· Shoes will be checked at last call in the Clerk Area and prior to getting on the track