NASHVILLE, Tenn. – As Vandy United construction accelerates, Vanderbilt Athletics has announced updates to the construction footprint in and around FirstBank Stadium and Hawkins Field.
The ongoing construction projects have already impacted the north end zone of FirstBank Stadium, with the removal of the video board and north end zone seating. In addition, south end zone work will commence soon.
Jess Neely Dr. has already been permanently closed to through traffic from Natchez Trace to the McGugin Center. Access to Lot 71 and the McGugin Center lot can only be attained via 25th Ave. from the east end of Jess Neely Dr.
Fans attending baseball games at Hawkins Field this season should be aware of the closure of Jess Neely Dr., as well as other construction updates. More updates will be shared with baseball ticket holders as the season nears.
Fans should be aware of several updates as 2023 football season ticket renewals begin in the coming weeks. Season ticket holders whose seats are no longer available will be contacted by the ticket office before the broader launch of renewals regarding new seating options.
North End Zone
· Construction on the basketball facility is underway and all north end zone seating will be unavailable in 2023
· Fans previously seated in the north end zone will be contacted by the ticket office regarding availability in the remaining seating areas of FirstBank Stadium
South End Zone
· All seating in the south end zone of FirstBank Stadium (Sections H-O and portions of Sections G and P) will be demolished this spring
· Fans who were seated in those sections will be contacted by the ticket office regarding availability in the remaining seating areas of FirstBank Stadium
· Fans being relocated from the south end zone will keep their 2022 pricing for the 2023 season in select areas of the stadium
· With the demolition of the south end zone, FirstBank Stadium will see the addition of multiple ADA-compliant seating locations throughout the remainder of the seating bowl
· Fans with seats in affected areas will be contacted by the ticket office regarding relocation options
Student and Band Seating
· The Spirit of Gold will shift to portions of Section R
· The band relocation will ensure a maximum number of Vanderbilt students can secure seating as close to the field as possible
Season Ticket Renewals
· Relocation efforts for fans who are affected by construction efforts will begin later this week
· Renewals for all remaining season ticket holders will begin the week of Feb. 13
For the latest Vandy United updates, click here.
The Vanderbilt football team opens its 2023 season Aug. 26 when Hawai’i visits FirstBank Stadium. The Commodores also host Alabama A&M, Kentucky, Missouri, Georgia and Auburn in Nashville this season. New season ticket deposits are being accepted.