Dec. 21, 2011
Vanderbilt 89, Lafayette 58
December 21, 2011 * Attendance:
Memorial Gymnasium, Nashville, TN
Career starts: Tinsley 100, Jenkins 49, Taylor 108, Goulbourne 31, Tchiengang 26
- Stallings record 367-215 (18), at Vandy 244-152 (13). Series record: 1-0.
- Vanderbilt shot 58.3% from the floor, a new season high, and also shot a season-best 50% from three.
- The Commodores outrebounded Lafayette, 35-24, and moves to 8-1 when outrebounding their opponent.
- VU had a season-high 21 assists against the Leopards.
- The 15 made three’s was the most since Vanderbilt made 15 threes against Mississippi State on March 5, 2008.
- Vanderbilt’s six free-throw attempts was a season-low.
- The Commodores outscored Lafayette 36-24 in points in the paint, 25-9 off of turnovers, 10-5 on second-chance points, and 22-14 in bench points.
- Vanderbilt’s largest lead came with 37 seconds remaining in the game (31 points). Lafayette never led in the game.
First Half Notes:
- Commodores opened with a 14-2 run–11 of those points unanswered.
- Vanderbilt won opening tip; they are 7-3 when doing so this season.
- VU defense held Lafayette scoreless for a 6:14 stretch. Vanderbilt itself went cold for 6:28.
- Jenkins led scoring in the half with 13 points. Taylor was second with nine in the first half.
- Dores shot 15-30 from the field (15-30) in the first half, 41.7% for three’s.
- Jenkins extended his streak to 35 consecutive games with a 3FG when he opened scoring from outside the arc for the `Dores. He has scored a 3 pointer in 69 of his 73 games.
- This is the 43rd consecutive game of double-digit scoring for Jenkins.
- Jenkins matched his career high for 3 pointers with 7, previously set against Oregon 11/11/11.
- Tinsley matched his career high with 10 assists, previously set against Presbyterian 11/12/10.
- Jeffery Taylor scored 16 points, the 10th consecutive double-digit scoring game for Taylor. Vanderbilt is now 23-5 in games since the beginning of 2010-11 when Taylor scores 15 or more points.
- In his last four games, Taylor is averaging 24.8 points per game and is 39-59 in those games (66.1%).
- Shelby Moats had his first career 3 and set a new scoring high with 5pts.
- Lance Goulbourne added 15 points, his second consecutive game with that points total and his seventh double-figure scoring game this season.