NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Vanderbilt baseball hits the road for three games at Missouri . The Dores and Tigers will meet Thursday at 6 p.m., Friday ay 6 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. with all three games airing on SECN+.
SERIES PREVIEW: Vanderbilt travels to Columbia, Missouri, for three games at Missouri beginning Thursday at Taylor Stadium.
- The Commodores lead the all-time series vs. Missouri 25-4 and Vanderbilt has won seven consecutive in the series.
- Vanderbilt swept the series in Columbia in 2021.
LAST TIME OUT: Vanderbilt defeated WKU 8-1 Tuesday night after sweeping Georgia at Hawkins Field over the weekend, outscoring the Bulldogs 29-10.
- Chris Maldonado was named SEC Co-Freshman of the Week on Monday after reaching base safely eight times in the series. Maldonado hit a home run and a pair of doubles and drove in the go-ahead run twice in Saturday’s win.
- Devin Futrell was named the SEC Pitcher of the Week after tossing eight shutout innings in Sunday’s 4-0 victory. Futrell didn’t allow a walk and struck out seven.
- Vanderbilt’s 9-0 start to conference play is best in program history. The Commodores are just the second team since 1994 to sweep the first three SEC series in a season.
SUPERB SOUTHPAWS: Left-handed pitchers Carter Holton, Hunter Owen and Devin Futrell have anchored the weekend
starting rotation this season.
- Combined, the trio owns a 2.96 ERA with 117 strikeouts over 112.2 innings.
- Holton is 4-0 with a 2.58 ERA and 45 Ks. Owen is 3-0 with a 3.51 ERA and 45 Ks and Futrell is 5-1 with a 2.70 ERA and 27 Ks.
- All three pitchers rank in the top-10 in the SEC in WHIP.
A LEAGUE OF HIS OWN: Enrique Bradfield Jr. stole his 97th career base vs. UCLA (Feb. 26) to break the program record set by Charles DeFrance (1980-82).
- Bradfield leads all active players in NCAA baseball (I, II and III) with 113 career stolen bases.
- The junior outfielder’s 113 career stolen bases ranks sixth in SEC history. Tennessee’s Mike Basse (1989-91) holds the all-time record of 145. South Carolina’s Mike Curry is fifth at 122.
- Bradfield stole 46 or more bases in each of his first two seasons. He was 46-for-46 in 2022 after going 47-53 as a freshman in 2021.
The Last 12: The Commodores have won 12 consecutive games entering Tuesday’s contest.
- Vanderbilt is hitting .352 as a team during the stretch while holding opposing hitters to a .204 average. The Dores are averaging 12.1 runs per game and have outscored opponents 145-37.
- The Vandy pitching staff boasts a 3.03 ERA with 95 strikeouts to 36 walks during the win streak.
- Chris Maldonado is 17-for-40 (.425) with eight extra-base hits. RJ Schreck and Parker Noland each have driven in 20 runs. Enrique Bradfield Jr. has walked 19 times.
- Five Commodores (Diaz, Bradfield, Austin, Schreck, Bulger) have reached base safely in all 11 contests.
NATIONAL RANKINGS: Where the Dores rank statistically among NCAA DI and SEC teams entering the week.
- 28th (1st SEC) – Double plays turned (24)
- 6th (4th SEC) – ERA (3.29)
- 9th (2nd SEC) – Fielding percentage (0.984)
- 2nd (1st SEC) – Hits allowed per nine (6.36)
- 35th – Home runs (43)
- 22nd (5th SEC) – Runs (239)
- 3rd SEC – Stolen bases (44)
- 3rd (3rd SEC) – Shutouts (5)
- 18th (5th SEC) – Strikeouts-to-walks ratio (3.00)
- 32nd – Strikeouts per nine (10.4)
- 3rd (2nd SEC) – WHIP (1.09)
- 28th (3rd SEC) – Walks allowed per nine (3.46)
- Enrique Bradfield Jr. – 7th (2nd SEC) – Walks (29)
- Chris Maldonado – 4th SEC – Doubles (11)
- RJ Schreck – 6th SEC – Doubles (10)
- Carter Holton – 4th SEC – ERA (2.58)
- Devin Futrell – 23rd (5th SEC) – Hits allowed per nine (5.40)
- Enrique Bradfield Jr. – 8th (1st SEC) – Stolen bases (20)
- Devin Futrell – 14th (T-1st SEC) – Wins (5)
DORES IN THE PROS: Ten former Commodores are on MLB rosters for 2023 Opening Day.
- Vanderbilt is tied for most in the SEC with 10 alumni on Opening Day rosters, including a pair of former Dores on the Injured List.