Vanderbilt Commodores vs. No. 1/1 Georgia Bulldogs | Nashville, Tenn. | October 14, 2023
Vanderbilt 20, Georgia 37
- Georgia won the coin toss and elected to defer. Bradley Ashmore, Ethan Barr and Jaylen Mahoney represented Vanderbilt’s captains for the toss.
- Vanderbilt’s defense has grabbed nine interceptions so far this season for 105 yards
- The defensive unit held Carson Beck to just one touchdown pass, marking a season-low
- Attendance at FirstBank Stadium was 28,500 (capacity)
- London Humphreys registered his fourth career touchdown off a 49-yard pass from Ken Seals during the open drive of the game. Humphreys is now tied for second-most receiving touchdowns by a freshman since at least 2008.
- Humphrey’s 49-yard touchdown registered as his second-longest touchdown catch of the year (56 at UNLV)
- Ken Seals registered the 24th passing touchdown of his career on the first drive of today’s game. Seals connected for a second TD to gain sole possession of ninth all-time in passing touchdowns at Vandy, passing Jordan Rodgers (24; 2011-12).
- Seals went 19-of-29 passing for 201 yards and one touchdown. This is the third consecutive game Seals has thrown for at least 200 yards.
- Richie Hoskins grabbed his second career touchdown in the opening seconds of the fourth. Hoskins now has a touchdown in consecutive games.
- After being sidelined last game due to injury, Jaylen Mahoney returned to the lineup and recorded 16 tackles, marking a career-best. His 16 tackles are the most by a Commodore in a game this season.
- Mahoney has posted at least 10 tackles in six games throughout his career. This marked the first time he hit the mark in 2023.
- Aeneas DiCosmo forced a fumble, which was recovered by Marlen Sewell, marking the first forced fumble of DiCosmo’s career (Stanford and Vanderbilt)
- Sophomore linebacker Nicholas Rinaldi registered five tackles, marking consecutive games with at least five tackles
- CJ Taylor grabbed an interception off Carson Beck, the third of Taylor’s career. Taylor returned the pick for 35 yards to Georgia’s one-yard line. The 35-yard return is the second-longest of the season (Martel Hight, 37 yards at UNLV) by a Dore. Taylor has had interceptions in back-to-back games.
- Freshman Sedrick Alexander registered his fourth rushing touchdown off a one-yard run after Taylor’s interception
- Sophomore Quantaves Gaskins saw action for the first time in his career and registered four tackles