Fast Five: LaChance
Five fast questions to get to know Florida native and incoming freshman guard Bella LaChance ...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Five fast questions for Florida native and incoming freshman guard Bella LaChance, who joins the Commodores following a standout career at St. Thomas Aquinas High School where she scored more than 1,800 career points and earned all-state first team honors in each of her last two seasons.
1. What was most memorable from your first trip to campus?
LaChance: My first trip to campus was when I came to Elite Camp in June of my sophomore year. The most memorable experience I had from my visit was the immediate connection I had between the coaches and players.
2. What are you most looking forward to during your freshman year?
LaChance: I am most excited to be on a team that has a family atmosphere. I know I will develop life-long relationships between my teammates, coaches, and staff members. It is going to be an unforgettable experience.
3. What majors are you interested in? Do you have a post-basketball career in mind?
LaChance: I am undecided at the moment about which major I would like to pursue. I have an interest in working at a company like Nike or one that has an affiliation with basketball. Playing professional, either in the United States or overseas, would be an experience of a lifetime that many people do not get to go through.
4. Are any people in particular helping you prepare for life at Vanderbilt?
LaChance: The team has helped tremendously by sending me texts asking me how I am doing, and if I have any questions, they always answer them. I know I am not at Vanderbilt yet, but I already feel as if I have an excellent support system behind me.
5. Name are three interesting facts about you:
– I love to dance.
– I used to be a black belt in Taekwondo.
– I want to travel the world.