Fast Five: Bowman
Five fast questions to get to know the Alabama native and incoming freshman center
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Five fast questions for Alabama native and incoming freshman center Emily Bowman, who joins the Commodores following a standout career that featured 1,369 points, 985 rebounds, 471 blocks and all-state honors at Huntsville High School.
1. What was most memorable from your first trip to campus?
Bowman: My first trip to campus was when I went to the Elite Camp my sophomore year. It was a great experience and I loved the campus and coaching staff. When I left, I knew that I would love to be able to play basketball at Vandy.
2. What are you most looking forward to during your freshman year?
Bowman: I’m looking forward to being with my teammates and working hard on the court and in the classroom.
3. What majors are you interested in? Do you have a post-basketball career in mind?
Bowman: Economics and computer science. I’m not sure what career I want to pursue after basketball yet.
4. Are any people in particular helping you prepare for life at Vanderbilt?
Bowman: The coaching staff, teammates and family have been a big help in preparing me for life at Vanderbilt.
5. What are three interesting facts about you:
– I’m 6-foot-6.
– Before I started playing basketball I was a competitive swimmer.
– My great uncle was a member of the Grand Ole Opry.