AUBURN, Ala. — The 2022 season kicked off for Vanderbilt men’s tennis Saturday afternoon with a dual match against Wisconsin on neutral ground where the Commodores came out victorious with a 5-2 final over the Badgers.
Strength In Numbers
- George Harwell and Max Freeman took a fast 6-1 win over their Badger opponents on court two.
- With Joubert Klopper and Marcus Ferreia battling at No. 3 doubles, the duo claimed a 6-4 set win to clinch the doubles point.
- Michael Ross and Siim Troost were locked in a 5-5 fight at No. 1 doubles when the set was called.
- George Harwell battled back at the top singles spot to earn a 7-6(4) win over his opponent before a 6-3 second set victory.
- Ranked 93rd in the country, Joubert Klopper put on a dominant performance over his Wisconsin rival, taking a pair of 6-2 sets for the Vandy point.
- Marcus Ferreia took his opponent to three sets, reigning victorious with 6-2, 3-6, and 7-5 scores.
- The first to finish his match, Max Freeman took No. 4 singles with ease, adding a pair of 6-1 wins to his resume.
- Siim Troost fell in a close two set match, including 6-4 and 6-2 sets while Macsen Sisam fought hard in his second set, ultimately dropping 6-0 and 7-5 decisions.
The Dores will open their home slate on Friday, Feb. 4 when they host Drake. That match is set for 2 p.m.