Vanderbilt Baseball Weekly Report
Overall Record: 31-9, 12-6 SEC
Streak: Won 4
Last Week’s Results (4-0)
Tuesday, April 16 vs. Indiana State – Win, 7-1
Friday, April 19 at Alabama – Win, 7-4
Saturday, April 20 at Alabama – Win, 13-5
Sunday, April 21 at Alabama – Win, 2-0
This Week (Times Central)
Thursday, April 25 vs. Auburn – 6:30 p.m. [ESPNU]
Friday, April 26 vs. Auburn – 7 p.m. [SEC Network]
Saturday, April 27 vs. Auburn – 1 p.m. [SEC Network+]
Player of the Week Nominee
JJ Bleday – RF – 6-3 – 205 – Panama City Beach, Fla.
Weekly totals: 4 G/4 GS, 18 AB, 6 R, 7 H, 5 HR, 3 BB, 7 RBIs, 23 TB
– Smashed a home run in all four games this week including two Saturday
– Matched the national lead with his 20th home run, coming Sunday at Alabama
– Has belted 14 home runs in the last 17 games and leads the SEC by eight in the category
– Had six RBIs at Alabama, lifting Vandy to its first sweep in Tuscaloosa since 1906
Pitcher of the Week Nominee
Patrick Raby – RHP – 6-3 – 230 – Knoxville, Tenn.
Weekly totals: 1 G/1 GS, 1-0, 6.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 8 K
– Moved into sole possession of second for career wins (28) in Commodore history
– Tossed six scoreless innings while fanning eight Alabama hitters on Sunday
– Held the Crimson Tide to 0-for-6 with runners and 1-for-8 with two outs
Freshman of the Week Nominee
Kumar Rocker – RHP – 6-4 – 255 – Athens, Ga.
Weekly totals: 1 G/1 GS, 1-0, 5.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
– Allowed just one hit (single) in five innings at Alabama
– Locked up the series win for Vandy, limiting the Tide to an .067 average
– Held Alabama to 1-for-12 with runners aboard and 1-for-6 with two outs
No. 6 Vanderbilt ran its win streak to four games and notched a three-game sweep of Alabama … The Commodores batted .338 and scored 29 runs in the four games while swatting nine home runs … Vanderbilt received a strong from Mason Hickman and consistent two-out production en route to its eighth-consecutive midweek victory, defeating Indiana State 7-1 on Tuesday … The Commodores (28-9) batted .467 (7-for-15) and scored five runs with two away … Six Commodores registered multiple hits including Isaiah Thomas who logged a career-high three hits … Vanderbilt scored five times across the middle innings and received a steady start from Drake Fellows, taking the series opener, 7-4 against Alabama on Friday night … Fellows (8-0) struck out seven and recorded his SEC-leading eighth win, scattering six hits while allowing four runs in seven innings … The win moved Vanderbilt (29-9, 10-6 SEC) to 10-0 in series openers including 5-0 in SEC play … Vanderbilt smashed a season-high five home runs including two from right fielder JJ Bleday and another from Pat DeMarco in his return to the lineup, clinching the series against Alabama with a 13-5 victory on Saturday … Facing a full count with one away in the second, DeMarco crushed a three-run home run over the 390-foot sign in center. He added a run-scoring single in the seventh as part of a four-RBI day … JJ Bleday and Patrick Raby moved closer to program milestones as the duo lifted the No. 6 Commodores to their fourth-straight win and first series sweep at Alabama since 1906 with a 2-0 victory on Sunday … Bleday (1-for-4) swatted his fourth home run of the series, matching Tulane’s Kody Hoese for the national lead with 20 … Raby (6-1) allowed just two hits across six-plus scoreless innings … The Knoxville native moved into sole possession of second place in team history with his 28th career victory and is now one shy of matching Jeff Peeples’ (1970-73) program-best 29 … The Commodores will be off during the midweek for the first time this season … The club returns to action on Thursday, opening a three-game series against Auburn.