|Vanderbilt Commodores (14-18) vs. Murray State (22-9)|
|Thursday, March 17 • 7 p.m.|
|Memorial Gymnasium | Nashville, Tenn.|
- This is the first time the Commodores will compete in the postseason since 2014 when Vanderbilt faced Arizona State in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament. It’s Vanderbilt’s first WNIT appearance since 1984.
- The Commodores are one of three SEC teams to compete in the WNIT and one of three Tennessee schools represented in the field.
- Vanderbilt made it to the second round of the SEC Tournament for the first time since the 2015-16 after defeating Texas A&M in the opening round.
- Jordyn Cambridge‘s triple-double against the Aggies was the first ever in program history in the postseason and just the second in the SEC Tournament.
- Vandy head coach Shea Ralph now has the third-most wins (14) after besting Texas A&M. Stephanie White also won 14, Joe Pepper won 15 and Jim Foster and Melanie Balcomb each won 22 in their respective first campaigns.
- The Commodores notched three on All-SEC teams led by Cambridge on the All-Defensive team for the second time in her career and the freshmen duo of Iyana Moore and Sacha Washington on the All-Freshman team.
- Murray State also made it to the second round of the OVC Tournament, falling to Tennessee Tech 68-62 in the semifinals.
- This will be Vanderbilt’s eighth time facing Murray State as the Commodores hold a one-game edge in the all-time series history only falling once to the Racers inside Memorial Gymnasium.
Tickets will be available for purchase through the Vanderbilt Athletics ticket office and online at VUcommodores.com. All tickets are $10 for general admission while students will be able to attend for free.
Fans are no longer required to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to enter Memorial Gymnasium. Vanderbilt also no longer requires masking indoors, aligning with the CDC’s recent COVID-19 community level guidance.