|Vanderbilt Commodores (7-8-2, 4-4-1 SEC) vs. Georgia Bulldogs (11-4-2, 4-3-2 SEC)|
|Thursday, Oct. 28 • 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET)|
|Turner Soccer Complex|
At a Glance
- Seeding for the SEC Tournament is on the line as the Dores close the regular season.
- Vandy has a chance to win the SEC East Division and take the No. 2 seed in the SEC Tournament.
- In all of those scenarios, Vandy would have to beat Georgia on Thursday.
- With a win over Georgia, a Tennessee loss or tie versus Kentucky, and a South Carolina loss to Florida, the Commodores would win the SEC East.
- With a win over Georgia, a Tennessee tie versus Kentucky, and a South Carolina win over Florida, it would go to the third tiebreaker – goal differential versus common division opponents, where Vanderbilt currently leads that category.
- Vanderbilt can finish as low as tied for seventh in the regular season standings.
- The Commodores – the reigning SEC Tournament champions – are in the 2021 SEC Tournament regardless of Thursday’s outcome.
Last Time Out
- Vanderbilt fell by a 2-1 final score at Texas A&M on Oct. 24.
- After yielding a 20th minute goal, the Dores evened the score at 1-1 on a strike off the foot of Hillary Schroeder in the 30th minute.
- The game remained deadlocked at 1-1 until the 67th minute when Texas A&M scored the go-ahead goal.
- Vanderbilt is 14-12-1 in the all-time series versus Georgia.
- The Dores are 5-1-0 against the Bulldogs under seventh-year head coach Darren Ambrose.
- Vandy has won five in a row over Georgia and has not allowed a goal to the Bulldogs since 2017.
- The Dores have shutout the Bulldogs in the last three meetings.
- Goals – Raegan Kelley – 8
- Assists – Maddie Elwell – 7
- Points – Raegan Kelley – 19
- Shots – Raegan Kelley – 37
- Saves – Kate Devine – 59
- Vandy heads to the SEC Tournament in Orange Beach, Alabama.