NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Vanderbilt travels to Deptford, New Jersey, on Thursday to compete in the Northeast Classic running Friday through Sunday.
This is the second tournament of the spring season for the Commodores after the squad began the calendar year with a second-place finish at the Stormin’ Blue and White.
- 9:35 a.m. CT Friday; Five 5-game Baker matches
- 8:30 a.m. CT Saturday; Five traditional games
- 7:30 a.m. CT Sunday; Championship bracket
Competing Teams (rank)
This is one of the largest, if not largest, fields of the year, attracting 33 teams. Included are the top eight ranked teams in the latest NTCA poll:
Adelphi, Arkansas State (6), Bryant, Central Missouri (20), Delaware State (13), Duquesne (12), Fairleigh Dickinson (14), Kutztown, Long Island University, Maryland-Eastern Shore (10), Maryville (11), McKendree (1), Medaille (19), Mercyhurst (18), Merrimack (25), Monmouth, Morgan State (24), Mount Aloysius, Mount Saint Mary’s, Nebraska (4), New Jersey City, North Carolina A&T (2), Sacred Heart (21), Saint Anselm, Sam Houston State (8), Stephen F. Austin (5), Saint Francis Brooklyn, Tulane (17), Vanderbilt (3), Wagner, Wisconsin Whitewater (23), Wilmington and Youngstown State (7).
Vandy’s Northeast Classic History
- Vanderbilt has won this relatively new tournament both times it has competed. It won the inaugural one in 2020 and is the defending champion. It did not attend during the pandemic season of 2020-2021.
- Last year the Commodores were sizzling Friday, inconsistent Saturday and defeated McKendree 4-2 in the title match Sunday.
Last Time Out
- The Commodores finished second at the Stormin’ Blue and White Vegas Classic, bowing to McKendree in the championship final.
Follow the action on the Vanderbilt Athletic YouTube channel.