NASHVILLE, Tenn.— Vanderbilt women’s tennis opened the home finale weekend on Friday afternoon with a 4-2 win over No. 52. LSU. The Dores picked up the early advantage with Vandy pairs, No. 78 Marcella Cruz/Celia-Belle Mohr and Bridget Stammel/Anessa Lee, winning their respective doubles matches.
In singles play, No. 85 Stammel won straight sets on Court 3, followed by Lee also winning consecutive sets on Court 4. Holly Staff clinched the match for the Dores, beating her Tiger opponent in a 7-5 tiebreak.
- No. 17 Anastasiya Komar (LSU) def. No. 34 Mohr 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
- No. 29 Kylie Collins (LSU) def. Anna Ross 6-4, 6-1
- No. 85 Stammel (VANDY) def. Safiya Carrington 6-4, 6-2
- Lee (VANDY) def. Nina Geissler 6-2, 6-3
- Staff (VANDY) def. Nikita Vishwase 7-5, 7-6 (7-5)
- Cruz (VANDY) vs. Mia Rabinowitz 1-6, 6-1, 3-2, unfinished
- No. 10 Komar/Collins (LSU) def. Ross/Staff 6-2
- No. 78 Cruz/Mohr (VANDY) def. N. Carrington/S. Carrington 6-4
- Stammel/Lee (VANDY) def. Geissler/Vishwase 6-4
Following LSU, Vanderbilt hosted Tennessee State. The Dores won 6-0.
On Deck: Vandy closes out regular season play on Sunday against No. 2 Texas A&M. The match starts at 11 a.m., with Senior Day festivities at 10:45 a.m.