Vanderbilt (3-4, 0-2) at Missouri (2-4, 0-3)
Saturday, Oct. 22 • 3 p.m. CT
Faurot Field • Columbia, Mo. • SEC Network
• Vanderbilt is set to travel to Columbia this weekend to face Missouri on the road. The contest marks the second of back-to-back road games for the Commodores.
• Prior to this weekend’s matchup with the Tigers, Vandy faced a stretch of three consecutive top-10 opponents. The three-game stretch marked the first time the Commodores are faced three straight top-10 foes since the AP poll was instituted in 1936.
• Vanderbilt is the only in the nation to have faced three opponents ranked in the AP Top 10 at the time of the game.
• The Commodores have scored in 21 of their 22 trips to the red zone this season, converting for touchdowns on 17 of those opportunities. Vanderbilt is tied for ninth in the FBS in red zone conversion percentage with a mark of 95.5.
• Senior running back Ray Davis eclipsed the 100-yard mark rushing for the second time this season against Ole Miss. He rushed for 105 yards on a season-high 27 carries, while adding one touchdown. Davis has totaled 536 rushing yards this season, which ranks fifth in the SEC.
• Freshman wide receiver Jayden McGowan recorded a strong performance against the Rebels. McGowan hauled in a season-high seven receptions for 104 yards with one touchdown. The Laurens, South Carolina, native currently ranks third among freshman receivers in the FBS in receptions per game with a mark of 4.4.
• Freshman quarterback AJ Swann posted a stellar outing in his first career start at Northern Illinois. Swann finished 18-of-28 for 255 passing yards with four touchdowns. He became the second SEC true freshman quarterback to throw for at least four touchdowns in their first career start since 2002.
• Swann was named SEC Freshman of the Week for his efforts against the Huskies. He became the second Vanderbilt player to earn Freshman of the Week honors from the conference this season, joining Jayden McGowan. Entering the year, Vandy had won Freshman of the Week honors just four times since the award was instituted in 2005.
• The Dores picked up a pair of defensive touchdowns against the Rainbow Warriors, returning two fumbles for scores. It marked the first time that Vanderbilt has had multiple defensive scores since the Commodore defense scored twice against LSU on Sept. 21, 2019.
• Vanderbilt chose eight team captains for the 2022 campaign: Ethan Barr, Ben Bresnahan, Daevion Davis, Jaylen Mahoney, Elijah McAllister, Anfernee Orji, Gavin Schoenwald and Mike Wright. The captains were chosen by a vote of players and staff. Davis and McAllister serve as captains for the second consecutive year.