• Vanderbilt is set to face No. 2 Alabama on the road this weekend for its first SEC matchup on the season. The contest marks Vandy’s first trip to Tuscaloosa since 2011.
• Vandy owns a perfect 2-0 record on the road. The Commodores are just one of five teams in the FBS to have two road wins this season.
• Freshman quarterback AJ Swann posted a stellar outing in his first career start at Northern Illinois. Swann finished 18-of-28 for 255 passing yards with four touchdowns. He became the second SEC true freshman quarterback to throw for at least four touchdowns in their first career start since 2002.
• Swann was named SEC Freshman of the Week for his efforts against the Huskies. He became the second Vanderbilt player to earn Freshman of the Week honors from the conference this season, joining Jayden McGowan. Entering the year, Vandy had won Freshman of the Week honors just four times since the award was instituted in 2005.
• Junior wide receiver Will Sheppard recorded a strong performance at Northern Illinois. Sheppard hauled in 10 receptions for 172 yards — both career highs. The Mandeville, Louisiana, native reeled in two touchdown grabs in the contest, extending his touchdown streak to five games.
• Senior running back Ray Davis had a career day against the Huskies. He rushed for 116 yards on 23 carries, both of which are tops for
his time at Vanderbilt. Davis added three catches for 38 yards to his totals, while accounting for two touchdowns — one rushing and one receiving.
• The Commodores have scored on all 17 trips to the red zone this season, converting for touchdowns on 15 of those opportunities. With 15 touchdowns in 17 trips, Vanderbilt ranks fifth in the FBS in touchdown conversion percentage (at least 10 red zone trips).