NASHVILLE, Tenn. – You’ve seen the new “Battle Ready” uniforms and you’ve heard that alcohol will be sold in Vanderbilt Stadium this year.
But that’s not all that’s new for fans of Commodore football in 2019.
From popular new food vendors to a brighter, clearer video board to a live DJ, the fan experience has been improved in multiple ways. Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll notice that’s new and different beginning with the season opener Aug. 31 against Georgia.
Please pardon our dust throughout the first several weeks of the season as many of our stadium enhancements and renovation projects are currently underway.
New Concessions Offerings
- Addition of Chick-Fil-A (Gate 3) and Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream (Gate 4) food trucks.
- Papa John’s (Stand 1/Section V) will now include specialty pizzas and game day specials along with its fan favorites.
- Family Fan Stand (Stand 3/Section B) will offer five items for $3 or less: hot dog, nachos, soft drink, water and popcorn.
- Urban Cookhouse’s (Stand 8/Section O) “Farm to Fire to Table” local community concept.
- The guest services team will be outfitted in sharp new black and gray uniforms.
- Fan assistance locations will be stationed inside Gates 2 and 3, and in the parking lots near Vandyville.
- Fans are encouraged to report any unruly behavior by notifying stadium or law enforcement personnel, calling 615.322.4653 or texting 615.308.9330 during football game days. Please dial 911 for emergencies.
- Much-needed restroom renovations are underway — and construction will continue throughout the season — in addition to the implementation of a new wayfaring signage package to more efficiently direct and inform game attendees in and around the stadium. The signage will be completed prior to the Sept. 21 game vs. LSU.
- Game day rental seats have been resized to create a more comfortable fit when the seats are stationed side-by-side.
- The video board in the south end zone of Vanderbilt Stadium has been removed, and the video board in the north end zone has been replaced with a cutting-edge board with a sharper and brighter image.
- Additional speakers have been installed to provide better in-game audio.
- A live DJ will provide upbeat tunes during pregame warmups and throughout each game from a newly-built DJ deck in the student section.
- Fireworks will be shot off after every Commodore score and each home victory.
- More fan-friendly giveaways during each game.
- We plan to reduce the number of in-game presentations to provide a more engaging and entertaining in-game atmosphere.
- Tailgate Guys will offer premium services in the traditional Vandyville location and the newly added Commodore Lawn. Based on location and packages (four options available in Commodore Lawn), Tailgate Guys will provide premium reserved tent location, tents, tables (with linen) and chairs, Dish TV media packages, 120-quart coolers with ice, cocktail tables (with linen), catering options from your favorite local restaurants and much more. For more information, visit tailgateguys.com/Vanderbilt.
- Renovated restrooms, an enhanced menu and signature drinks highlight suite-level additions.