|Vanderbilt Commodores (3-4-1) vs. Florida Gators (1-5-1)|
|Friday, Sept. 17 • 7 p.m.|
|Vanderbilt Soccer Complex|
At a Glance
- The defending SEC Tournament champion Commodores open conference play with a home match versus Florida at 7 p.m. Friday at the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex.
- Vanderbilt closed nonconference play by going 2-2 in its last four games.
- The Dores will play a total of 10 SEC regular season games – five at home and five on the road.
- Soktober Fest – free Vanderbilt soccer beer steins to the first 250 fans.
- Fresh warm pretzel giveaway.
- Kids’ Korner – poster making station, sidewalk chalk, activities, etc.
Last Time Out
- Rachel Deresky scored her first career goal in the 49th minute, but Middle Tennessee’s Peyton DePriest tallied the game’s final two goals to hand Vandy a 2-1 loss on Sept. 12.
- Vandy is 4-28-1 in the all-time series versus Florida.
- The two sides first met in 1995 – a 2-0 win for the Commodores.
- Before Darren Ambrose took over the Vanderbilt program, the Dores had gone 2-23-1 against the Gators.
- During the Ambrose era, Vandy is 2-5-0 in the series.
- Last season, Vanderbilt earned a 2-1 double overtime win at Florida behind goals from Raegan Kelley and Myra Konte.
- Rachel Deresky’s goal against Middle Tennessee was No. 5 on the SportsCenter Top 10 plays of the day on Sept. 12.
— Vanderbilt Soccer (@VandySoccer) September 13, 2021
- Vanderbilt is 5-1 in SEC openers under Darren Ambrose.
- The Commodores are 33-20-7 in SEC regular season games under Ambrose – now in year seven in Nashville.
- Goals: Raegan Kelley – 4
- Assists – Maddie Elwell – 3
- Points – Raegan Kelley – 9
- Shots – Raegan Kelley – 25
- Saves – Kate Devine – 23
- Vanderbilt hits the road for a game at 6 p.m. on Sept. 23 at South Carolina.
- The Dores will then return to Nashville to host Alabama at 1 p.m. on Sept. 26 at the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex.