NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Sophomore transfer Meghan Meserole has been added to the Vanderbilt women’s golf roster for the upcoming 2022-23 season, head coach Greg Allen announced Monday morning.
She will add depth to a talented freshman class that includes Lynn Lim and Tillie Claggett, who both signed their national letter of intent last November.
“I’m super pumped for Meghan to join our team and be a part of what we have going on at Vanderbilt,” Allen said. “She is a great athlete, brilliant in the classroom, works extremely hard and is highly motivated to get better every single day. That is exactly what we look for in student-athletes.”
Meserole, a product of Westlake High School in Austin, Texas, served as captain for her senior year, while finishing as the runner-up at the 6-A district championship in 2021. She helped Westlake win two 6-A state championship team titles (2019, 2018) and 6-A district championship team titles (2021, 2019). Meserole is also earned two-time first team all-district honors and was named second team all-regional in 2021. As a junior golfer, Meserole was runner-up at the 100th Women’s Texas Amateur Division in 2021 and part of Sean-Karl Dobson’s team that won the 2021 Texas Cup Team.
“I chose Vanderbilt because I wanted a place with dedicated, hardworking individuals,” Meserole said. “The program at Vanderbilt is filled with players who are not only passionate about what they do, but genuinely care for one another. That is exactly the family I’m excited to be a part of.”
A member of the National Honor Society, as well as a National Merit Commended student and AP Scholar with Distinction Award, Meserole has excelled in the classroom at every level. Meserole’s a four-time Academic All-District (2016-21), received 2021 Academic All-Regional and Academic All-State honors, and was a recipient of the Westlake High School Academic Achievement Award for all four years of high school. She also was top 10% of her high school graduating class (2021), finishing with a 109.04 GPA (on a 100-point scale).
For the past year, Meserole focused on her academics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. As a freshman, she achieved a 3.93 GPA and was a part of the Honors Carolina program. The sophomore transfer also made the UNC Dean’s List for both the fall and spring semesters, while receiving pre-admittance into Gillings School of Global Public Health.
“Being from Austin, Nashville just really felt like home,” Meserole noted. That combined with all the welcoming and kind-hearted people at Vanderbilt, made it easy to see that this would be a program and university where I could truly be successful.”
Meserole plans on majoring in Medicine, Health and Society while at Vanderbilt University.
From the 𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 to 𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝘾𝙞𝙩𝙮, welcome to the Commodore family, Meghan Meserole! 🌟➡️🎶🏙️
— Vanderbilt Women's Golf (@VandyWGolf) July 11, 2022
The Meserole Profile
- Hails from Austin, Texas
- Graduated from Westlake High School with a 109.04 GPA (on a 100-point scale) and top 10% of graduating class (2021).
- Attended University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for her freshman year, where she achieved a 3.93 GPA and was a part of the Honors Carolina program.
- Two-time first team all-district (2021, 2019)
- 2021 second team all-regional
- Helped Westlake High School win two 6-A state championship team titles (2019, 2018) and 6-A district championship team titles (2021, 2019).
- In 2021, also was a part of the 6-A regionals runners-up team and third-place 6-A state team at Westlake.
- 2021 6-A district championship runner-up
- 100th Women’s Texas Amateur Division runner-up in 2021
- 2021 Academic All-Regional and Academic All-State
- Four-time Academic All-District (2016-21)