NASHVILLE – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team welcomes in Georgia on Sunday to Memorial Gymnasium for a 2 p.m. tilt. Fans can watch on SEC Network Plus, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- The tilt will be the 65th meeting between the teams, Vanderbilt has won five of the last six against the Bulldogs in Nashville.
- The last meeting between the teams was on February 8, 2018 in Athens, Georgia. Autumn Newby led the way for the Dores with eight boards in the loss.
- Vanderbilt opened SEC action at No. 16 Kentucky on Thursday night, falling 77-55.
- Cierra Walker led all players with 17 points in the loss while Mariella Fasoula, LeaLea Carter and Kaleigh Clemons-Green led the way with six boards each.
- Vanderbilt improved its shooting percentage against the Wildcats, edging UK form the field, 56 percent to 49 percent.
- The Bulldogs defeated LSU, 63-50, Thursday night in the team’s SEC opener – Georgia’s first conference opening win since the 2012-13 season.
- Caliya Robinson is leading Georgia with 13.3 points-per-game on a 45.5 shooting percentage.
- Georgia is pacing the SEC in both field goal percentage defense (33.2 percent) and 3-point field goal percentage defense (26.3 percent).
- The Bulldogs have 95 blocks on the season – the number is third nationally.
Vanderbilt welcomes in Texas A&M on January 10 for a 7 p.m. contest.