NASHVILLE, Tenn. – With 10th-ranked Texas A&M visiting Currey Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon, the Aggies proved too much for Vanderbilt in topping the Commodores 6-1
While the Aggies took the doubles point to go up 1-0, Vanderbilt provided multiple challenges in singles action with three of Texas A&M’s six singles players among the best in the country.
Early on, Texas A&M went up 3-0 thanks to a 6-3, 6-0 win at No. 4 from Raphael Perot and a 6-3, 6-2 win by No. 13 Hady Habib at No. 2. But Vanderbilt’s Max Freeman and Jeremie Casabon each took first sets of their own with Freeman’s set coming against No. 116 Noah Schachter. Casabon went on to win his match 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (6) over Bjorn Thomson for Vanderbilt’s point on the afternoon.
While Texas A&M clinched the match with No. 117 George Harwell falling at No. 1, the senior pushed the nation’s fourth-ranked player in Valentin Vacherot before ultimately falling 6-3, 7-5.
Vanderbilt will head back out on the road next weekend with visits to Auburn on Friday afternoon and Alabama on Sunday afternoon.
1. #4 Valentin Vacherot (AM) def. #117 George Harwell (VANDY) 6-3, 7-5
2. #13 Hady Habib (AM) def. Marcus Ferreira (VANDY) 6-3, 6-2
3. #116 Noah Schachter (AM) def. Max Freeman (VANDY) 5-7, 6-0, 7-5
4. Raphael Perot (AM) def. Macsen Sisam (VANDY) 6-3, 6-0
5. Jeremie Casabon (VANDY) def. Bjorn Thomson (AM) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
6. Pierce Rollins (AM) def. Joubert Klopper (VANDY) 6-4, 7-6 (7-2)
1. Noah Schachter/Hady Habib (AM) def. George Harwell/Max Freeman (VANDY) 6-2
2. Guido Marson/Bjorn Thomson (AM) def. Macsen Sisam/Marcus Ferreira (VANDY) 6-0
3. Jeremie Casabon/Adam Sraberg (VANDY) vs. Valentin Vacherot/Pierce Rollins (AM) 3-4, unfinished
Texas A&M 5-1; National ranking #10
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (4,2,1,5,3,6)