#2 Scotty Pippen Jr.
Hometown Los Angeles, Calif.
High School Sierra Canyon
- 6’2 point guard from Sierra Canyon High School in Los Angeles
- Two-time state champion at Sierra Canyon
- Named SEC Freshman of the Week on Nov. 25 when he averaged 17 points, 5.5 assists and 2.5 rebounds per game in two Commodore wins over Austin Peay and South Carolina State, respectively
- Scored career-high 21 points vs. Austin Peay (Nov. 20, 2019) and had a season high 8 assists against South Carolina State (Nov. 22, 2019)
- Pippen, Jr. ranks 11 in the conference with a 1.37 assist/turnover ratio and 9th in the conference with 4.0 assist per game.
- The freshman ranks 9th in the SEC in assists with 3.7 per game and has had 10 games with at least 5 assists
- Pippen, Jr. is 11th in the conference in free throws made, netting 91 on the season.
- The freshman has had multiple steals in a game 9 times so far this season.
- Pippen Jr. has scored in double figures 17 of 24 games this season
- Averages a hair over 30 minutes per game and has started in 23 of 24 games this season
- Averaged 16.3 points, 3.6 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game per game as a senior at Sierra Canyon, who posted a 32-3 record in 2018-19
- Played for the Oakland Soldiers on the Nike EYBL circuit, averaged 15.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 23 games
- Four-year starter for Sierra Canyon
- Member of the Los Angeles Times All-Area Team, All-SoCal Varsity Team, Los Angeles Daily News All-Area Team
- Named MVP of the Les Schwab Invitational in Hillsboro, Oregon
- Scotty Pippen Jr.
- November 10, 2000
- Son of Scottie and Larsa Pippen
- His father Scottie played 17 seasons in the NBA and won six NBA Championships with the Chicago Bulls. Was named one of the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.
- Has three siblings, Preston, Justin, and Sophia
- Plans to major in Human and Organizational Development
- Advice for young people: “Work hard if you want to be great at something.”