#2 Scotty Pippen Jr.
Hometown Los Angeles, Calif.
High School Sierra Canyon
- 2020 All-SEC Freshman Team
- 6’2 point guard from Los Angeles who was named to the All-SEC Freshman Team after averaging 12.0 points and 3.6 assists in his freshman season
- Played in all 32 games and made 31 starts. Averaged 12.0 points and 3.6 assists per game in 29.8 minutes of game action
- Named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- Won two SEC Freshman of the Week honors – was named SEC Freshman of the Week on Nov. 25 when he averaged 17 points, 5.5 assists and 2.5 rebounds per game in two Commodore wins over Austin Peay and South Carolina State, respectively. Also named Freshman of the Week in two Vanderbilt wins over Alabama and South Carolina after tying a career high with 21 points in a road win over the Crimson Tide
- Scored 20 or more points on three different occasions, including a pair of career-high 21-point games against Austin Peay and at Alabama
- Tallied double figures in 25 games, including the team’s last six games of the season
- Finished the season ranked ninth in the SEC in assists per game (3.6), fifth in total free throw attempts (189), and eighth in free throw’s made (134)
- Led the SEC in free throws made and attempted by a freshman and ranked fourth nationally in both categories
- Had a career-high eight assists against South Carolina State. Posted five or more assists in 12 games
- Had multiple steals in a game 12 times, including a career-high three in the team’s last two games of the regular season against South Carolina and Arkansas in the SEC Tournament
- Averages a hair over 30 minutes per game and has started in 23 of 24 games this season
- Averaged 16.3 points, 3.6 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game per game as a senior at Sierra Canyon, who posted a 32-3 record in 2018-19
- Played for the Oakland Soldiers on the Nike EYBL circuit, averaged 15.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 23 games
- Four-year starter for Sierra Canyon
- Member of the Los Angeles Times All-Area Team, All-SoCal Varsity Team, Los Angeles Daily News All-Area Team
- Named MVP of the Les Schwab Invitational in Hillsboro, Oregon
- Scotty Pippen Jr.
- November 10, 2000
- Son of Scottie and Larsa Pippen
- His father Scottie played 17 seasons in the NBA and won six NBA Championships with the Chicago Bulls. Was named one of the NBA’s 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.
- Has three siblings, Preston, Justin, and Sophia
- Plans to major in Human and Organizational Development
- Advice for young people: “Work hard if you want to be great at something.”