NASHVILLE – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team welcomes in Samford on Friday to Memorial Gymnasium for a 7 p.m. tilt. Fans can watch on SEC Network Plus, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- The Commodores have squared off against Samford just twice previously. The last meeting came on November 18, 2010, when the Commodores took down the Bulldogs, 70-60, in Nashville.
- Vanderbilt enters the contest with a 4-9 mark on the season after suffering ai pair of losses to No. 24 Miami and Creighton during the Florida Sunshine Classic.
- The Commodores hold a 3-2 home record thus far for 2018-19.
- Vanderbilt is 0-2 in games played on Fridays this season, while being 2-8 in night games.
- Mariella Fasoula leads the Dores in points (16.9) and rebounds (7.6) on the year.
- The Bulldogs enter the game with a 4-9 record and are coming off of an 81-39 loss at Colorado on December 20.
- Samford is just 2-8 this season in road games.
- Samford has lost four of its last five contests.
- Charity Brown is leading the Southern Conference in assists-turnover ratio (2.1) and in assists per game (5.3).
- Natalie Armstrong is currently third in the SoCon in blocked shots per game (1.2).
Vanderbilt will begin SEC action on January 3 at Kentucky. Tip is slated for 6 p.m.