NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team will conclude its two-game home stand on Thursday against Ole Miss. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. from Memorial Gymnasium. Fans can watch on SEC Network Plus, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- Vanderbilt dropped a 72-70 contest in Nashville against Auburn last Thursday.
- Cierra Walker netted eight 3-pointers in the loss for a game-high 25 points. The junior’s eight triples matches the school record for threes made and sets a new career-high for Walker.
- The Commodores played with a short bench against Auburn, having just seven available players.
- Vanderbilt has won 12 of the last 15 games against Ole Miss.
- The last time the Rebels won in Nashville was during the 2986-87 season when Ole Miss won, 77-73.
- Ole Miss has won two in a row taking down No. 16 Kentucky at Kentucky and Florida in Oxford.
- Senior Crystal Allen ranks second in the SEC in scoring, averaging 18.3 points-per-game. She leads the SEC in total points scored (347) and threes made (53).
- Tomorrow will serve as the Salute to Service game and the “We Back Pat” game.
- Veterans and active duty military will be recognized during the game.
Vanderbilt will travel to South Carolina on Monday to take on the Gamecocks in a 6 p.m. contest.