COLUMBIA, S.C. – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team will open its two-game road swing on Monday night at No. 19/20 South Carolina. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. from Colonial Life Arena. Fans can watch on SEC Network, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- Vanderbilt picked up its first SEC win on Thursday over Ole Miss, 80-68.
- LeaLea Carter led the Dores with 20 points in the victory, just one shy of her career high 21.
- Chelsie Hall, Brinae Alexander and Jordyn Cambridge each came back against Ole Miss after being out multiple games due to various injuries.
- While the Commodores lead the series, South Carolina has won the last nine games dating back to the 2011-12 season.
- The last time Vanderbilt won in Columbia was during the 2010-11 season. The Dores won, 74-60, in overtime.
- South Carolina holds a 13-5 record on the season with a 5-1 mark in the SEC.
- Te’a Cooper is leading South Carolina with 12.6 points-per-game while Alexis Jennings is leading off the glass with 5.5 rebounds-per-game.
- The Gamecocks have won nine of their last 10 contests, most recently coming off of a 79-65 win at Missouri.
Vanderbilt will cap its two-game road swing at Texas A&M on Thursday.