NASHVILLE – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team will return to action on Saturday against Central Michigan at 5 p.m. Fans can watch on SECN+, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- The Commodores picked up their first road win on December 6 at Ball State.
- Vanderbilt played the majority of the game with just five players and no subs.
- Mariella Fasoula led all players with 23 points for her second outing in a row of 21+. The Athens, Greece native has been in double-digits in 7-of-9 contests.
- Kaleigh Clemons-Green topped the charts for the Commodores in 3-of-4 categories against the Cardinals: rebounds (9), assists (5) and steals (5).
- Vanderbilt has out-rebounded its last four opponents.
- The Chippewas are off to a 7-1 start in conference action and have won six-straight with the latest coming via a 67-52 road win at Quinnipiac.
- Central Michigan returns three starters and five letter winners from the 2017-18 squad that went 30-5 overall.
- Four of the five Chippewa projected starters are averaging 10.4+ points-per-game.
- Chalk Talk at 4 p.m. in the Admiral’s Room at Memorial Gymnasium.
- Teddy Bear Toss at halftime. Fans can either buy one at the game to be donated to Monroe Carroll Jr. Children’s Hospital or bring your own to go to the Salvation Army.
- FREE holiday t-shirts for the first 500 fans.
- Winter Wonderland in the Hall of Champions.
Vanderbilt heads to Florida to take part in the Florida Sunshine Classic. The Commodores will square off against Miami on December 20 followed by Creighton on December 21.