|at Saint Joseph’s (4-6)|
|Tuesday, Dec. 21 • 11 a.m.|
|Michael J. Hagan ’85 Arena|
|Listen: WNSR 560AM/95.9 FM
TuneIn: Charlie Mattos (play-by-play)
|Vanderbilt Game Notes|
Defending Home Court …
- The Commodores are on a five game winning streak at home. Having kept Memorial loss free for 38 days, with the one and only home loss coming from Little Rock on Nov. 12 [40-56].
Double-Double Trouble …
- Jordyn Cambridge notched her third career double-double against UAlbany with 10 points and 10 steals, her second double-double of the season. With 10 steals in a single game, Cambridge now holds the No. 2 spot in program history for most steals in a game.
- Sacha Washington tallied back-to-back double-doubles against DePaul [14 points and 10 rebounds] and Chattanooga [11 points and 10 rebounds].
Numbers Don’t Lie …
- In Division I women’s basketball the Commodores are ranked 83rd in free throws made, 86th in rebound margin, 68th in rebounds, 80th in scoring defense, 16th in steals, 30th in steals per game, and 39th in turnovers forced.
- Individually, Cambridge is 65th in assists, 56th in minutes played, 2nd in steals, and 5th in steals per game. Brinae Alexander is also ranked 106th in field goals made, 119th in final points, and 103rd in minutes played.
Fresh Faces …
- Iyana Moore scored her 100th point against UAlbany to join elite company as one of the fastest freshmen to reach this milestone, taking her only 11 games.
- The freshmen quartet in Moore, De’Mauri Flournoy, Kendal Cheesman and Washington have combined for 260 points this season, 33.8 percent of the total points scored for Vanderbilt.
- For the first time this season, all 12 active members for Vandy scored against Chattanooga and the Vanderbilt bench produced a season-high 49 points.
Got Five On It …
- For the fifth Vandy win, the Commodores defeated the Mocs 91-61 (largest margin of victory this season) on Nov. 30.
A Vandy Win Would …
- Give Vanderbilt its longest winning streak of the season, at three games.
- Put the Commodores at 3-1 over the Hawks, having won two of the last meetings.
A Vandy Loss Would …
- Give Saint Joseph’s its first win over Vandy since the first meeting back in the 1988-89 season in Philly.
- Put the Hawks tied at 2-2 in the all-time series.
On Deck …
Vanderbilt returns to Memorial Gymnasium after the holiday break to face Alabama State on Dec. 28 before beginning the SEC slate.