#5 DJ Harvey
Class Redshirt Sophomore
Hometown Bowie, Md.
High School DeMatha
- Transferred to Vanderbilt from Notre Dame after 2018-19 season
- Averaged 8.8 points per game in two seasons with the Fighting Irish, and 10.8 points per game as a sophomore
- Will sit out 2019-20 season
Sophomore at Notre Dame (2018-19):
- Matched his career-high with 37 minutes played at Florida State (2/25/19), leading the team with 18 points on six-of-14 shooting
- Put two back-to-back consistent performances together at Miami (2/10/19) with 14 points, then followed with 18 points and a season-high eight rebounds in the victory over Georgia Tech (2/10/19)
- Scored 16 points in a season-high 33 minutes at No. 10/10 Virginia Tech (1/1/19) while grabbing seven rebounds
- Posted one of the best games of his career against Jacksonville (12/20/18), matching his career-high with 19 points on a career-best four three-point field goals, while also playing 29 minutes with five rebounds and three assists
- Continued his efficiency at the offensive end in the victory over Purdue (12/15/18) with 19 points on 10 shots, going 3-for-5 behind the arc with five rebounds in 22 minutes
- Flashed a return to form in the victory over Illinois (11/27/18) with a career-high 19 points on eight shots (5-of-8) with six rebounds and a steal. Thirteen of those 19 points came in the second half, when Harvey shot 4-of-5 from the field and played 17 minutes
Freshman at Notre Dame (2017-18):
- Had surgery on his left knee in Chicago the week of February 26, 2018, and was sidelined for six to eight months
- Flirted with his first career double-double against North Carolina (1/13/18), finishing with nine points and eight rebounds
- Overcame a tough shooting day at Syracuse (1/6/18) to grab a career-best nine rebounds while playing a career-high 31 minutes
- Made his first career start (after the loss of Bonzie Colson due to injury) and responded with a career-high 17 points, three three-point field goals and 30 minutes played in the victory over NC State (1/3/18)
- Hit double-figure scoring for second time during his rookie season against Chaminade (1/29/17) in the Maui Invitational, shooting four-for-five from the field with 12 points and two assists
- Poured in 16 points in 22 minutes in the victory over Chicago State (11/16/17)
- Averaged 17.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists during his senior year at DeMatha High School
- Led DeMatha to 118 wins in his four years at the school, third all-time behind former Pittsburgh guard James Robinson (122) and former Kentucky guard Keith Bogans (120)
- A 2014 and 2015 first-team All-D.C. Metro Selection
- Ranked as the number one player in the state of Maryland by 24/7 Sports and MaxPreps
- National player rankings included No. 21 (MaxPreps), No. 43 (SI.com), No. 43 (Scout), No. 44 (24/7 Sports), No. 47 (ESPN) and No. 51 (Rivals)
- Joined former Irish All-American Adrian Dantley as the only DeMatha players to start a varsity game as a true freshman
- Averaged 15.4 points and 7.0 rebounds during his junior season.
- Darren Scott Harvey Jr.
- June 13, 1998.
- Son of Darren and Yelonda Harvey.
- Has three siblings, Die, Devin, and Collin.
- Majoring in Communication Studies.
- Advice for young people: “Never stop working. Trust the process.”