#32 Matt Ryan
Class Redshirt Junior
Hometown Cortlandt Manor, NY
High School Iona Prep
- 6’8 forward who transferred to Vanderbilt from Notre Dame in the summer of 2017.S
- at out the 2017-18 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Played in 101 career games and made 29 starts.
Redshirt Junior (2018-19):
- Played in 29 games and made 25 starts as a junior. Averaged 8.1 points and 2.7 rebounds per game.
- Scored in double figures in nine games, including a season-high 19 points vs. UNC Asheville. Ranked in the top 10 in the SEC in 3FG attempts (7th, 180).
- Made four threes in a game for fourth time in 2018-19 vs. Kentucky – also made four threes against Winthrop, Alcorn State, and Kansas State.
Redshirt Sophomore (2017-18):
- Sat out the season after transferring from Notre Dame.
Sophomore at Notre Dame (2016-17):
- Played in all 36 games as a sophomore and averaged 3.6 points per game.
- Came off the bench in the ACC semifinal victory over Florida State to score 11 points on 3-of-4 shooting from three point range.
- Matched his season-high with nine minutes played in an ACC game at NC State, shooting 2-of-4 from three-point range.
- Scored 17 points on 5-of-7 shooting from three-point range, while collecting a season-high five rebounds, in the victory over North Carolina A&T.
- Exploded off the bench against Chicago State, hitting first five 3FG attempts and eventually finishing 7-14 from three-point range with a career-high 23 points.
- Hit 2-of-5 from three point range with four rebounds vs. Loyola Maryland.
Freshman at Notre Dame (2015-16):
- Played in 36 games and made four starts as a true freshman.
- Averaged 5.6 points per game.
- Made 46 threes.
- Hit a key three pointer with 12:18 remaining in the second half vs. Michigan (3/18/16) during the first round of the NCAA tournament to cap Notre Dame’s comeback from a 12-point halftime deficit.
- Exploded for a career-high 17 points off the bench in the first half vs. NC State (3/5/16), scoring eight consecutive points on his first three shots of the game (two three pointers, one jumper).
- Made his first career start vs. Georgia Tech (1/13/16), scoring 10 points and grabbing a career-best seven rebounds while playing a career-high 35 minutes.
- Played 26 minutes and scored 11 points against Iowa (11/27/15) in the Advocare Invitational.
- Named 2015 Mr. New York Basketball following senior campaign at Iona Prep in which he averaged 20.0 ppg., 8.0 rpg. and 5.0 apg.
- Led the Gaels to a 22-6 record en route to the program’s first Class AA Archdiocesan Championship.
- Participated in the Kentucky Derby Basketball Classic, Jordan Brand Regional All-Star Game and Capital Classic.
- Played in only eight games during his junior year after undergoing double-hip surgery in March 2014.
- Played on New Heights AAU team in 2012-13 and 2011-12.
- Matthew Richard Ryan.
- April 17, 1997.
- Son of Richard and Laurie Ryan, along with older sister, Mikela and younger brother, Michael.
- Majoring in Economics.
- Advice to young people: “Do whatever you want to do.”