Competing in their final meet of the regular season, the Vanderbilt men finished 23rd among 30 teams in the university division at the Crimson Classic in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Jake Van Geffen paced the Commodores, finishing 45th overall with a time of 25:41.40 (and scoring 36 points in the university-race standings).
Finishing second for Vanderbilt was Nikos Gkotsis, who was 91st overall at 26:16.30. He was followed by Harrison Thomas (118th at 26:37.90), Caleb Casolaro (146th at 26:55.80) and Evan Suzman (156th at 27:03.10).
The race was dominated by the SEC, which had seven teams in action. Kentucky won the team title with 70 points, Georgia finished second, Auburn was sixth and Alabama was eighth. Tennessee finished 13th, Vanderbilt was 23rd and Miss. State was 25th.
Next up for Vanderbilt is the SEC Championship race on Oct. 28 in Fayetteville, Ark.
Place / Name / Time (Points)
45. Jake Van Geffen 25:41.70 (36)
91. Nikos Gkotsis 26:16.30 (74)
118. Harrison Thomas 26:37.90 (95)
146. Caleb Casolaro 26:55.80 (110)
156. Evan Suzman 27:03.10 (115)
160. Sam DeFabrizio 27:06.50 (117)
189. Dan Arthur 27:29.30 (132)
196. Waqqas Fazili 27:38.20 (196)
202. Andrew Irvine 27:45.10 (202)