NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team is set to square off with Alabama on Thursday night at Memorial Gymnasium. Tip is set for 7 p.m. CT. Fans can watch on SEC Network Plus, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- Vanderbilt (6-19, 1-11 SEC) comes into the contest having lost its last six games, but most recently falling to LSU in Nashville 79-68.
- Mariella Fasoula led all players in the loss with 24 points paired with nine boards.
- Vanderbilt edged LSU on the glass, 27-to-24, but the Tigers collected a 55.8 percent shooting effort while holding the Dores to 51 percent.
- The Commodores lead the series, 34-14, but the Crimson Tide has won the last two.
- Alabama is 19-1 in Nashville with its lone win coming during the 2013-14 season (66-62).
- Alabama (11-14, 3-9 SEC) is currently in a four-game slump. The squad most recently fell to Auburn (77-38) on Sunday.
- Cierra Johnson is leading the Crimson Tide offensively, averaging 13.7 points.
- Alabama is edging opponents from beyond the arc, shooting .311 compared to .306.
Vanderbilt will hit the road for a two-game swing beginning at Mississippi State on Sunday. Tip is slated for 1 p.m.