NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Vanderbilt women’s basketball team is set to take on No. 6 Mississippi State on Sunday afternoon in Starkville, Mississippi. Tip is set for 1 p.m. CT. Fans can watch on SEC Network, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- Vanderbilt (6-20, 1-12 SEC) comes into the contest after falling to Alabama, 84-65, Thursday night in Nashville.
- For the first time in SEC play this season, four Commodores netted double-digit points – Mariella Fasoula (13), Brinae Alexander (13), LeaLea Carter (11) and Chelsie Hall (10).
- Vanderbilt leads the series with Mississippi State, 36-20, but the Bulldogs have won the last five.
- The Commodores have not won in Starkville since the 2011-12 season, 65-59.
- The last two contests, MSU has won by a margin of 45.
- Mississippi State (24-2, 12-1 SEC) comes into the contest winning 14 of its last 15 games. Most recently, the Bulldogs are coming off of a 80-66 win at Ole Miss.
- The Bulldogs boast four players averaging 11.9 points or better on the year – Chloe Bibby (11.9), Jordan Danberry (13.4), Anriel Howard (16.1) and Teaira McCowan (16.7).
- McCowan is also leading Mississippi State on the glass with 13.5 boards per game.
Vanderbilt will travel to Tennessee on February 28 for its last regular-season road game for the 2018-19 slate. Tip is set for 6 p.m.