Vanderbilt (2-8, 0-6 SEC) at South Carolina (3-6, 1-5 SEC)
Saturday, Nov. 11 • 11 a.m. CT
Williams-Brice Stadium • Columbia, S.C. • SEC Network
• Vanderbilt travels to the Palmetto State to take on South Carolina on Saturday at Williams-Brice Stadium. The Commodores and Gamecocks will be meeting for the 33rd time since 1961. Vandy’s last win in Columbia came in 2007.
• The past two meetings between Vanderbilt and South Carolina were decided by a total of 12 points. The Gamecocks used a go-ahead touchdown with 37 seconds left to win 21-20 in 2021 and defeated the Commodores 38-27 last season in Nashville.
• Vanderbilt fell 31-15 to Auburn at FirstBank Stadium last Saturday. Vanderbilt recognized 25 student-athletes pregame in a Senior Day ceremony.
• Bryce Cowan picked off Payton Throne and returned it for Vandy’s first score, registering Vanderbilt’s second pick-six on the season (Martel Hight at UNLV). Vanderbilt’s defense has created a turnover in all 10 games this season.
• Langston Patterson recorded a sack, forced fumble and an interception at Ole Miss (10.28). Patterson posted a defensive grade of 93.4 according to Pro Football Focus, which was the second-highest grade by an FBS linebacker in Week 9 and the second-highest grade by a Dore defender since 2014.
• The Dores’ defense has 11 interceptions this season, tied with Auburn for most in the SEC and 13th in FBS. Vandy’s 14 turnovers gained is second-most in the SEC behind Auburn’s 15. Vandy’s two defensive touchdowns are fourth in the SEC and 14th in FBS.
• Will Sheppard made four catches for 43 yards against Auburn, becoming the eighth Commodore to surpass 2,000 career receiving yards. Sheppard is one of six Commodores to rank in the top 10 for career receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns receptions. He currently is tied for seventh for catches (149), tied for third with 21 receiving touchdowns and is eighth in receiving yards (2,017).
• Jayden McGowan is averaging 25.9 yards per kick return for a total of 371 yards and a touchdown. He is one of two SEC players to return a kickoff for a score this season (Barion Brown, Kentucky). His average return is second-best in the league and 11th in FBS.
• Will Sheppard caught multiple touchdowns in Vanderbilt’s first three games of the season. He is the first Vanderbilt player since at least 1996 to record three consecutive games with two or more touchdown receptions. He is the fifth player in the SEC to record three straight games with multiple touchdown receptions in the same season since 2019, joining Jalin Hyatt (Tennessee), DeVonta Smith (Alabama), Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU) and Ja’Marr Chase (LSU). Across all of FBS, Sheppard is the ninth player to record three straight games with multiple touchdown receptions in the same season.