Vanderbilt Baseball Weekly Report
Overall Record: 22-6, 6-3 SEC
Streak: Lost 1
Last Week’s Results (3-1)
Tuesday, March 26 vs. Lipscomb – Win, 15-1
Friday, March 29 vs. Tennessee – Win, 4-2
Saturday, March 30 vs. Tennessee – Win, 10-4
Sunday, March 31 vs. Tennessee – Loss, 7-6
This Week (Times Central)
Tuesday, April 2 vs. Western Kentucky – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, April 5 at Georgia – 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 at Georgia – 1 p.m.
Sunday, April 7 at Georgia – 11 a.m.
Player of the Week Nominee
JJ Bleday – RF – 6-3 – 205 – Panama City Beach, Fla.
Weekly totals: 4 G/4 GS, 16 AB, 6 R, 6 H, 4 HR, 3 BB, 10 RBIs, 18 TB
– Became the first Commodore since Aaron Westlake in 2010 to homer in four straight games
– Took over the SEC lead, belting four homers in as many games this week
– Set a new career high with five RBIs and two homers in a 15-1 win vs. Lipscomb on Tuesday
– Recorded three multi-RBI games and scored a combined six runs in four games
– Moved his hit streak to eight games and streak of RBIs in a game to five consecutive
Pitcher of the Week Nominee
Mason Hickman – RHP – 6-6 – 230 – Hendersonville, Tenn.
Weekly totals: 1 G/1 GS, 1-0, 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
– Took a no-hitter into the sixth inning on Tuesday against Lipscomb
– Permitted just one Bisons’ hit (infield single) while striking out eight in six innings
– Has not allowed a run in his last six outings (23.0 innings), striking out 33 in that span
No. 6 Vanderbilt matched its season-high win streak at seven games, defeating Lipscomb on Tuesday and taking the first two against Tennessee over the weekend … Vandy batted .340 and scored 35 runs alongside eight home runs in four games … The Commodore pitching staff recorded a 3.25 ERA and limited opponents to a .222 average … Right-hander Mason Hickman held Lipscomb hitless until the sixth and right fielder JJ Bleday crushed two home runs as No. 6 Vanderbilt cruised to a 15-1 victory on Tuesday … Vanderbilt mashed two home runs and was masterful with Tennessee runners on base, taking the series opener with a 4-2 win on Friday … Vanderbilt starter Drake Fellows (6-0) scattered six hits and allowed two runs across six innings … Vanderbilt scored seven runs in the first two innings and never looked back during a 10-4 series-clinching victory against Tennessee on Saturday … The Volunteers (20-8, 2-6 SEC), who entered the weekend first in the league in ERA, allowed 10 runs and 14-plus hits for just the second time this season … Vandy dug itself a pair of early deficits and was unable to complete the comeback, dropping the series finale with a 7-6 loss to Tennessee on Sunday … Philip Clarke (3-for-4) finished a double shy of the cycle and contributed four RBIs … The Commodores cap their four-game homestand on Tuesday, hosting Western Kentucky at 6:30 p.m. … Vandy hits the road for three games at Georgia beginning Friday at 6 p.m. … The clubs will meet against Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m.
#51 JJ Bleday
- 6′ 3″
- 205 lbs
#5 Philip Clarke
- 5′ 11″
- 190 lbs
#66 Drake Fellows
- 6′ 5″
- 205 lbs
#44 Mason Hickman
- 6′ 6″
- 230 lbs