Vanderbilt Baseball Weekly Report
Overall Record: 19-5, 4-2 SEC
Streak: Won 4
Last Week’s Results (4-0)
Tuesday, March 19 vs Belmont – Win, 3-0
Thursday, March 21 vs. No. 14 Florida – Win, 5-0
Friday, March 22 vs. No. 14 Florida – Win, 15-2
Saturday, March 23 vs. No. 14 Florida – Win, 14-4
This Week (Times Central)
Tuesday, March 26 vs Lipscomb – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, March 29 vs Tennessee – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 30 vs Tennessee – 8 p.m.
Sunday, March 31 vs Tennessee – 2 p.m.
Player of the Week Nominee
Stephen Scott – LF – 5-11 – 200 – Cary, N.C.
Weekly totals: 4 G/4 GS, 14 AB, 9 R, 8 H, 2 HR, 3 BB, 6 RBIs, 17 TB
– Used six hits, six runs and five RBIs to help Vandy to its first sweep of Florida since 2007
– Belted a go-ahead grand slam – his 20th career home run – in the series finale against the Gators
– The senior set a career-high with four hits in Vandy’s 15-2 win on Friday night
– He scored three runs on two occasions against Florida and contributed a pair of doubles
– Swatted a solo homer as part of a 3-0 win against Belmont on Tuesday
Pitcher of the Week Nominee
Drake Fellows – RHP – 6-5 – 215 – Plainfield, Ill.
Weekly totals: 1 G/1 GS, 1-0, 9.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
– Tossed a complete-game shutout against No. 14 Florida on Thursday night
– The complete-game shutout was the first for a Commodore since Kyle Wright in 2017
– It was the second consecutive shutout for Vandy pitching and part of a stretch of 25 scoreless innings, the longest for Commodore pitching since 2011
– Permitted just one extra-base hit in nine innings against a red-hot Gators offense
Freshman of the Week Nominee
Kumar Rocker – RHP – 6-4 – 255 – Athens, Ga.
Weekly totals: 1 G/1 GS, 1-0, 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
– The freshman a new career high with six strikeouts while securing the win on Saturday
– Lifted Vandy to its first sweep of Florida since 2007 behind six strong innings
– Held the Gators to a .227 average including .143 (1-for-7) with runners on base
No. 8 Vanderbilt posted a perfect 4-0 week, outscoring its opponents 37-6 highlighted by the program’s first three-game sweep of Florida since 2007 … Commodore pitching posted a 1.50 ERA in four games, limiting Belmont and Florida to a .163 average … Offensively, Vandy recorded a .329 average and swatted four home runs … The Commodores snapped a three-game losing streak, blanking Belmont, 3-0 at First Tennessee Park on Tuesday … Starter Mason Hickman struck out a career-high 12 batters across six scoreless innings … Starter Drake Fellows permitted just one extra-base hit and went the distance, lifting the Commodores to a 5-0 series-opening victory against No. 14 Florida on Thursday … It marked the first complete-game shutout for a Commodore hurler since Kyle Wright accomplished the feat against the Gators on April 14, 2017 … Vandy used a six-run third inning and strong start from Patrick Raby as part of a series-clinching 15-2 victory on Friday … The Dores batted around in the third inning and received RBI-singles from Harrison Ray and Ethan Paul before Ty Duvall cleared the bases on a double into the corner … Stephen Scott roped a grand slam off the right-field foul pole to erase an early two-run deficit and highlight a 14-2 win against the No. 14 Gators on Saturday … The victory capped Vandy’s first sweep of Florida since 2007 … Stephen Scott and Austin Martin each registered six hits in the series while Ethan Paul paced the squad with seven RBIs … Vanderbilt returns to action on Tuesday at First Tennessee Park versus Lipscomb … The squad is back at Hawkins Field this weekend versus Tennessee.