Vanderbilt Baseball Weekly Report
Overall Record: 41-10, 20-7 SEC
Streak: Won 1
Last Week’s Results (3-1)
Tuesday, May 7 at No. 6 Louisville – Win, 6-2
Friday, May 10 vs. No. 21 Missouri – Win, 5-2
Saturday, May 11 vs. No. 21 Missouri – Loss, 5-2
Sunday, May 12 vs. No. 21 Missouri –Win, 7-2
This Week (Times Central)
Tuesday, May 14 vs. Middle Tennessee – 6:30 p.m. [SEC Network+]
Thursday, May 16 at Kentucky – 5:30 p.m. [SEC Network+]
Friday, May 17 at Kentucky – 5:30 p.m. [SEC Network+]
Saturday, May 18 at Kentucky – 1 p.m. [SEC Network+]
Player of the Week Nominee
Austin Martin – 3B – 6-0 – 175 – Jacksonville, Fla.
Weekly totals: 4 G/4 GS, .471 AVG, .550 OBP, 17 AB, 4 R, 8 H, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 10 TB, 2 SB
– Recorded his 27th multi-hit game and fourth three-hit performance on Sunday vs. Missouri
– Three multi-hit games including two three-hit outings in four starts vs. ranked opponents
– Went 2-for-4, reaching base three times with two runs in Vandy’s 6-2 win at No. 6 Louisville
– Extended his reached base to 19 games and added two RBIs in Sunday’s 7-2 win against Missouri
– Helped the Commodores reach 20 SEC wins for the first time since 2013
Pitcher of the Week Nominee
Drake Fellows – RHP – 6-5 – 216 – Plainfield, Ill.
Weekly totals: 1 G/1 GS, 1-0, 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 11 K
– Recorded his SEC-best 10th victory and 20th career win Friday vs. No. 21 Missouri
– Struck out an SEC-career best 11 batters and limited Missouri to a .167 average in seven frames
– Vaulted Vandy to its 13th straight win and 10th in SEC games, both the longest stretches since 2013
– Has fanned seven-plus batters in seven of his last 12 starts
No. 3 Vanderbilt continued its torrid pace and has won 14 of its last 15 games and enters the final week of the regular season with a one-game lead in the SEC standings. The Commodores pitching shined against four ranked opponent, posting a 2.25 ERA and 45-8 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Vanderbilt used a clutch hit from Harrison Ray and steady pitching, running its win streak to 12 consecutive games while defeating No. 6 Louisville 6-2 to capture the Battle of the Barrel on Tuesday. Ray (1-for-4) socked a bases-loaded, two-run double with one away in the eighth to break a two-all tie. The win snapped a three-game losing streak to the Cardinals and marked the Commodores’ 10th consecutive victory in the midweek.
Vanderbilt starter Drake Fellows struck out 11 Missouri batters as the No. 3 Commodores extended their win streak to 13 consecutive games with a 5-2 series-opening victory against the No. 21 Tigers. Vanderbilt (40-9, 19-6 SEC) becomes the second team nationally to reach 40 wins. The Commodores’ 13-straight victories are their most since 2013. Fellows (10-0) set an SEC career high in punchouts while notching his 20th career victory. No. 21 Missouri used a strong start from TJ Sikkema and added five runs between the fifth and the eighth innings, snapping No. 3 Vanderbilt’s 13-game win streak with a 5-2 victory on Saturday. The Commodores (40-10, 19-7 SEC) finished 2-for-15 (.133) with runners aboard and 1-for-10 (.100) with runners in scoring position.
Vanderbilt won its fifth straight SEC series and retained its position atop the league standings with a series-clinching 7-2 victory against No. 21 Missouri on Sunday. Vanderbilt won its fifth straight SEC series and retained its position atop the league standings with a series-clinching 7-2 victory against No. 21 Missouri on Sunday. Vanderbilt sent 11 batters to the plate in the third, collecting six runs on four hits including two from Austin Martin. The Commodores close their regular season with a Tuesday visit from Middle Tennessee before hitting the road for three games at Kentucky beginning Thursday.